Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Can do embedding but about 10 comments down

@burrows should we be worried.

There is always someone..

As @Busta Nut says in the reply, he shouldn't have bothered but by the by Chairman Flao's reply to yer man's follow up galaxy brain take is interesting.

Predicting a record profit for 20/21 is it? What. A. Fucking. Club.

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

Been genuinely surprised a few times when I’ve heard our attendance over the tannoy this season, definitely feels like there’s more people in.

Much better in terms of atmosphere and attendance compared to how I remember it being 5-6 years ago, could be wrong, but think we even had the odd attendance under 3k (for a league game) back then.

Exactly how I've felt this season . Genuinely surprised when the attendance for Hibs and Aberdeen were announced as under 6k , and the Dundee game being under 5k too.  Been some of the best atmospheres I've experienced at FP this season.  Tbf when I've then went home and watched the highlights the crowd has looked much smaller than it appeared to look in person so I can only conclude that the fanbase has increased it's atmosphere/person ratio off the back of us being a truly massive club now.  

19 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Scott McDonald's the most important Motherwell signing of the past 20 years and I will die on that hill. Regardless of his whole lifelong Celtic fan trope he dragged us out of being relegated on multiple occasions. 

Room on that hill for one more? Without McDonald there's no chance our long record as a Premiership club would still be intact. He moaned like f**k about it, but he dragged a whole heap of shite to safety numerous times. 

32 minutes ago, dezz said:

Room on that hill for one more? Without McDonald there's no chance our long record as a Premiership club would still be intact. He moaned like f**k about it, but he dragged a whole heap of shite to safety numerous times. 

Lee Erwin done f**k all for about 6 months until McDonald turned up to spend 90 minutes shouting at him about how to play as a forward. He carried a team to safety and he gives me a great big laugh every year on his birthday when the SPFL account tweets his helicopter Sunday and he moans about it. 

11 hours ago, ropy said:

I wonder what the outcome of the international break thunderdome will be, usually a couple of victims 

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Crawford out for 4-6 weeks with an ankle injury.

Sondre's been training.

Crawford it is

44 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Sondre's been training.

Interesting that Lamie's been doing the media round - not normally something that is put on someone who will be warming the bench on the Saturday - but who knows...

I’m going to jump in on the importance of McDonald chat. There are so many times we’d have been in the shit if it wasn’t for him. 

You get plenty of folk who love Sutton and are indifferent at best towards McDonald, who won’t face up to the fact that had we not dropped the former for the latter in Spring 2015 we’d have gone down.

I’m under no illusions that he looked after number one first, but I’m sure if you asked Moult or Erwin, albeit there are many contributing factors, they would concede they hadn’t played better football before or since they played alongside Skippy.

It's #Grezza....honest to God, his response to the journo asking about "expecting" to win tomorrow is some straight up Friday Night Lights shit.

He’s some boy, eh? His face when answering the ‘expecting to win?’ question was great.
I really like the way he comes across - speaks well, has a winning mentality, and seems like a decent guy but you can just tell there’s a whole different side to him if you f**k him about.

33 minutes ago, dezz said:

He’s some boy, eh? His face when answering the ‘expecting to win?’ question was great.
I really like the way he comes across - speaks well, has a winning mentality, and seems like a decent guy but you can just tell there’s a whole different side to him if you f**k him about.

Honestly, put down a bed track of Explosions In The Sky with that whole bit and I'm all in. Completely. #cleareyesfullheartscantlose

Watching the full 90 of the County game (I think) and there was a cut away to Alexander at half time and he genuinely looked like he was ready to kill. I would be utterly fucking terrified of him.

All I could think when he was talking was how McCall would have responded to a question like that about Rangers.

Spoiler

5c76531a02119_ScreenShot2019-02-27at09_05_23.png.9d4d623d7ec6add99e2c3d88297268fc.png5c7653b4998cc_ScreenShot2019-02-27at09_07_15.thumb.png.acfbf49bd7ca3a0217761354c8023637.png5c7653ef91019_ScreenShot2019-02-27at09_09_58.png.fba3ae16462ccd0327191305825b63f6.png

Edited by capt_oats