Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Guest superward
21 minutes ago, beesher said:

Have we ever came close to selling out our end for a Celtic home game at any point in the last 10 years? I can't think of any reason for it other than Celtic fans buying up home end tickets.

I hope I'm wrong as I've bought tickets for the O'donnell Stand stand an cannot be arsed sitting amongst a load of Celtic fans.

As far as I know it's not that we've not nearly sold out every single seat in the home stands.  We've got a certain amount of home tickets available on top of the season ticket seats and there is 150 of them left. 

Back of a fag packet from what I've heard, to keep it under 10k:

5000 season tickets

+ 3500 (ish)away tickets*

+ less than 1500 extra home end tickets 

= Under 10k

* Haven't heard if we have indeed allocated the full south stand now given the new Covid restrictions being able to be relaxed. If we have it's 4500 and 500 extra home tickets. 

20 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, it comes across very much as "unapologetic ***" being his default setting.

Tbf, his signing really seemed to be a result of convenience rather than him desperately wanting to re-sign for Motherwell. Which is fine.

He wanted back up the road, we wanted a winger who wasn't Jake Hastie or Sherwin Seedorf but in hindsight it's definitely up for debate whether he was even an Alexander signing given Grezza was only in the door about a week before Lawless pitched up.

I saw a couple of Livi fans on Twitter talking about him after his "cigars out" Tweet and tbh the whole "He's a Rangers fan, always has been"...so it's OK just doesn't wash. I know he was quite a marmite figure at Thistle as well, I've said this before in this thread but there's a way to carry yourself as a Motherwell player and Lawless just isn't it.

He's seemed absolutely miles out the picture for the past month and tbh, he's looked like an awkward fit since the day he came back in. That's really only been amplified when you look at the players Alexander has signed over the summer and the buy in he's got from players like Watt.

Lawless has just seemed like the complete opposite of that in every possible sense.

Fuckity bye Steven.

I've just realised why you call him Lawleff. Happy binning.

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It was a BBC/PA typo when he was on our books the first time, right?

My galaxy brain just took it as a snide way of including Follow Follow in his name somehow, but now that I think about it that's not really the good captain's style.

23 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It was a BBC/PA typo when he was on our books the first time, right?

There was a similar issue with McGarry, every week it was reported that there was one change with McGarry coming in.

The PA had his name wrong so when reporters compared the team list to last week’s PA list his name wasn’t on it.

There was a similar issue with McGarry, every week it was reported that there was one change with McGarry coming in.
The PA had his name wrong so when reporters compared the team list to last week’s PA list his name wasn’t on it.
A bit earlier but we also had John Sullivan regularly announced in our team on the radio when it should have been John Philliben.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

My galaxy brain just took it as a snide way of including Follow Follow in his name somehow, but now that I think about it that's not really the good captain's style.

:lol:

Aye, @YassinMoutaouakil's explanation is the one. Nothing more snide to it than a typo that stuck.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Absolute 9head explanation for this. There's layers to this disliking I wasn't even aware of.

17 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Don't know how they get round it with the measures the club put in place, but you can guarantee there are always a good number of them in the home end. You can spot them a mile away, trying to blend in.

When any sit near me I like to try and engage them in conversation about us and watch them squirm and stammer when they've not got a fucking clue. Then I call them out as the horrible, home end infiltrating b*****ds that they are. If they persist in trying to keep up the pretence its also good to try and goad them into joining a good old bounce if we score.

Also seen many a literal kicking out in the past from some of the less hospitable members our support. Only themselves to blame if it happens, tbh.

A lot of 'Well fans usually stay away when the two Glasgow mobs are in town, mainly because they can't be arsed with the aggro they bring, and it will more often than not be televised. Hopefully the larger home support is actually just due to it being a Saturday at 3pm.

If the guy was jumping about singing obscenities about the Pope or the Queen I'd perfectly understand pointing them out to the stewards and police but you would have to be a special kind of dickhead to urge them to horse out someone sitting minding their own business watching a game of football they've paid to watch and are watching quietly without doing anything offensive or insulting. 

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

If the guy was jumping about singing obscenities about the Pope or the Queen I'd perfectly understand pointing them out to the stewards and police but you would have to be a special kind of dickhead to urge them to horse out someone sitting minding their own business watching a game of football they've paid to watch and are watching quietly without doing anything offensive or insulting. 

You do see the odd one, usually older, who sits quietly and conducts themselves well, but you can still spot them with their lack of knowledge and awareness of the layout of the stand etc. Fair enough. 

Usually though, it's utter bangers who are unable, or even try to hide their allegiances. The type of p***ks who, even though they know they're going in the home end just can't help wearing something Celtic-y. Like a scarf half tucked in a pocket or the collar of their shirt showing. Sympathy kind of thin on the ground for the majority who try it. f**k 'em.

45 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Usually though, it's utter bangers who are unable, or even try to hide their allegiances. The type of p***ks who, even though they know they're going in the home end just can't help wearing something Celtic-y. Like a scarf half tucked in a pocket or the collar of their shirt showing. Sympathy kind of thin on the ground for the majority who try it. f**k 'em.

I get that's the way things are these days, but I honestly couldn't care less if I was sat beside any opposition fan who was just there to support their team, same as me. I do miss the old first division days when you could just stand anywhere you like and have a bit of banter with the visiting fans as you swapped ends at half time.