Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

21 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Guess from the replies to the tweet he's been a dick on social media again? He's in his 30s now, think he'd know better. 

He's just been being him. I don't think he actually gives a f**k.

Caught on camera at Ibrox for their game against Malmö. Got really chippy when Motherwell fans (rightly) called him out for it and he's been skulking around his Twitter account making pass agg references to it ever since.

His latest was piping up with this after Celtic drew with United (although maybe he was talking about the Arsenal 3-1 Spurs game that was on at the same time he Tweeted. IDK).

Oh...and he's been roundly shite since he signed.

As I said in the post earlier his last involvement was as an unused sub on August 21st. He's not been near the squad since. It's been pretty clear Alexander didn't trust him as he didn't start a league game for us this season, he was only used in the League Cup.

It's interesting that we didn't mutual him in time to allow him to find a new club though as it's been clear since the Dundee LC game that he wasn't getting in our team.

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Hopefully Robbie Crawford is next

I don't see us paying Crawford off. At least he's been around the squad...he's made the bench the past 3 games. It wouldn't be a massive surprise to see him move in January but given the numbers in midfield and potential injury prone-ness of Donnelly and Goss I'd imagine Crawford is here until then.

Lawleff was like, 7th choice forward. He had Woolery, Roberts, Shields and Amaluzor all ahead of him for his position.

Hopefully Robbie Crawford is next
I'd like to think Crawford will be kept around until he/we can find him a club because, as far as I can tell, he seems a decent guy and seems to do his best when he plays (albeit that often isn't good enough).

Lawless on the other hand is shite at football and a wee p***k to go along with it. I hope Alexander told him to get to f**k in no uncertain terms.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

He's just been being him. I don't think he actually gives a f**k.

Caught on camera at Ibrox for their game against Malmö. Got really chippy when Motherwell fans (rightly) called him out for it and he's been skulking around his Twitter account making pass agg references to it ever since.

His latest was piping up with this after Celtic drew with United (although maybe he was talking about the Arsenal 3-1 Spurs game that was on at the same time he Tweeted. IDK).

Oh...and he's been roundly shite since he signed.

As I said in the post earlier his last involvement was as an unused sub on August 21st. He's not been near the squad since. It's been pretty clear Alexander didn't trust him as he didn't start a league game for us this season, he was only used in the League Cup.

It's interesting that we didn't mutual him in time to allow him to find a new club though as it's been clear since the Dundee LC game that he wasn't getting in our team.

I came on to ask the same thing, but this in no way surprises me. He used to not bother really trying when we played against Rangers - the boy’s staunch as f**k. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I came on to ask the same thing, but this in no way surprises me. He used to not bother really trying when we played against Rangers - the boy’s staunch as f**k. 

Aye, it comes across very much as "unapologetic ***" being his default setting.

Tbf, his signing really seemed to be a result of convenience rather than him desperately wanting to re-sign for Motherwell. Which is fine.

He wanted back up the road, we wanted a winger who wasn't Jake Hastie or Sherwin Seedorf but in hindsight it's definitely up for debate whether he was even an Alexander signing given Grezza was only in the door about a week before Lawless pitched up.

I saw a couple of Livi fans on Twitter talking about him after his "cigars out" Tweet and tbh the whole "He's a Rangers fan, always has been"...so it's OK just doesn't wash. I know he was quite a marmite figure at Thistle as well, I've said this before in this thread but there's a way to carry yourself as a Motherwell player and Lawless just isn't it.

He's seemed absolutely miles out the picture for the past month and tbh, he's looked like an awkward fit since the day he came back in. That's really only been amplified when you look at the players Alexander has signed over the summer and the buy in he's got from players like Watt.

Lawless has just seemed like the complete opposite of that in every possible sense.

Fuckity bye Steven.

Edited by capt_oats

10 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, it comes across very much as "unapologetic ***" being his default setting.

Tbf, his signing really seemed to be a result of convenience rather than him desperately wanting to re-sign for Motherwell. Which is fine.

He wanted back up the road, we wanted a winger who wasn't Jake Hastie or Sherwin Seedorf but in hindsight it's definitely up for debate whether he was even an Alexander signing given Grezza was only in the door about a week before Lawless pitched up.

I saw a couple of Livi fans on Twitter talking about him after his "cigars out" Tweet and tbh the whole "He's a Rangers fan, always has been"...so it's OK just doesn't wash. I know he was quite a marmite figure at Thistle as well, I've said this before in this thread but there's a way to carry yourself as a Motherwell player and Lawless just isn't it.

He's seemed absolutely miles out the picture for the past month and tbh, he's looked like an awkward fit since the day he came back in. That's really only been amplified when you look at the players Alexander has signed over the summer and the buy in he's got from players like Watt.

Lawless has just seemed like the complete opposite of that in every possible sense.

Fuckity bye Steven.

Deffo not a player you can rely on when the backs are against the wall, good when everything is happy and your teams winning but a few bad results you wouldn't even know he was on the pitch. Totally anonymous and caused issues behind the scenes when last at Firhill as well. I certainly hope we don't take him back!