Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 hours ago, ropy said:

I watched Dykes miss his penalty and realised I don’t know who takes ours.

Presumably still O'Hara. No?

14 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

See on Twitter that the People’s Champ Ryan Bowman was taken to hospital after a heart issue during the game vs Ipswich the day. Heart rate was up about 250bpm at one point.

Hope he recovers well.

Just now, ropy said:

As one who has had to go to hospital with a heart issue after the fives I wish Ryan all the best.

To follow up on this, I had a heart attack (obviously not fully diagnosed until the hospital visit) so had to go in goals. One of the other guys was feeling a wee bit puffed out so I had to come out, I managed to slot away a goal before giving up and heading off to the hospital.  

Dead weight out the squad, obv wants first team football and a free agent means he can move outwith a window. Would be sweet, sweet irony if he got his leg broke playing Newco Colts in the Petrofac.

Scotland vs Israel, now this ..... if Mushtaq's open a pakora stall in the East stand some boys on here will loose their shit.

1 minute ago, Kapowzer said:

Dead weight out the squad, obv wants first team football and a free agent means he can move outwith a window. Would be sweet, sweet irony if he got his leg broke playing Newco Colts in the Petrofac.

Nope.

He can't kick a baw until January. He was still a registered Motherwell player at the close of the last window.

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Nope.

He can't kick a baw until January. He was still a registered Motherwell player at the close of the last window.

Is there not the odd corner of the world where he could find a club?  If not he has the full use of his season ticket until Christmas.

31 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Is that right?

It's why you always see a flurry of players getting their contracts mutually cancelled on deadline day. You can't move outside the window if you're still registered with a club once the window's closed.

So unless we mutual-ed him but have waited a month and a half to announce it, aye he'll be getting full use of his season ticket until January.

As @ropy says he could sign for another club operating under a different schedule where a window is open or whatever but he can't sign for another club in the UK.

His last appearance was as an unused sub against Livi on 21st August. He's not been in a squad since.

Edited by capt_oats

He'll be getting scudded into a bag of cans and on for a Twitter fight shortly.

Any pro would surely want to stay in the squad, stay fit and show other clubs he's worth a punt in January. As it is, he's got a fair bit of sitting on his hands to do unless he's already got training facilities lined up elsewhere with a view to a deal when the window opens.

If something along the lines of " Haw, fannybaws will you take this money and get tae f**k"? is mutual, then yeah, he's left by mutual consent.

Bye.