Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

It's been a while since we've had a player that we can all agree to dislike. He has that combination of being shite and also being an annoying wee dick.

I'd call him a hobbit, bit not one of the hero one's, more like that w**k that gives the horse guy directions. Seems like something he'd do.

As said above, players can support who they want, but there's a professional way to do that. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Thistle.

18 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
18 hours ago, Yorky said:
Well Robinson stated the other day everyone was fit so it’s slightly baffling, as is the omission of Goss. Maybe they are not up to the required standard at this stage but after giving out a 3 year contract t you would think he would at least be on the bench.

Why is the Morecambe manager commenting on our team?

Whoops

18 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Would love it if this was so.

We all know that a lot of home fans stay away when both these teams come to town, as they don't like being amongst 'the minority' element (aye right) of their supports that is always present when in and around the ground. I imagine this is true of most, if not all clubs across the league.

Give them minimum allocation, high up in the away stand and try to attract as big and vocal a home support as possible. It's the kind of atmosphere guys like KVV thrive on. A busy, colourful and noisy home end would help give us the best possible chance of getting a result and keeping us up at the top end of the table. Neither are any great shakes so far this season, and we are more than capable of results against both, as we already proved last week. Why not give yourself every advantage possible? Fùck the green or blue poonds. If the club are strong enough to take the stand, we need to back them by getting the home end as full as possible.

whilst I agree with 99% of this, I reckon KVV would thrive even more with a full south stand as well. 

however more than happy to reduce there allocation, always nice to screw them over anyway which way possible, plus the inevitable tweets, regarding money, not filling the stadium will be priceless.

The fallout from being caught on camera at Ibrox was not down to him, more bad luck or a devious Director who identified him. Always troubled me that fans expect more from players than they do themselves in their own career choices.

What I have issue with here is his lack of professionalism, discretion and judgement. Tweeting like a daft U-18 youth player when he's been around the scene for 10 years or so and knows how it works. If he hadn't grown up in West Central Scotland I'd still find it crass and stupid. However he knows stuff like this is incendiary and divisive and didn't care anyway. As for his comment, implying that the title is down to two teams when so far everything points to being the most open season in memory while his own employer is currently in the mix underlines what he is.

He knows he's way down the pecking order and if he's keen to play I can only think this is designed to fast forward a move. Of course he could have been 4 pints into a sesh at the Loudon tavern.

Being offered an 18 month contract in January was a major mistake with hindsight. GA made it clear he didn't appreciate Dec's behaviour and I hope that extends to him here. I wouldn't be surprised if his meeting with the gaffer was countered with ......

Do I look bovvered though? - catherine tate | Meme Generator

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I'm not naive enough to think that everyone who plays for us is a lifelong Motherwell fan however Lawless can absolutely get to f**k. 

I think anyone that has played for Thistle, Livi and Motherwell probably (fucking definitely) knows how the vast majority of supporters of these types of clubs feel about the OF and all the shite that goes with them. You are employed by clubs who are supported by families that explicitly rejected the easy path in the West of Scotland and so choosing to be part of Staunch Twitter means he is too thick to get that or doesn't care (or both).

There will have been countless players down the years (including ones that we all saw as heroes) that were supporters of either side and they had the professionalism not to let it matter. 

Anyone any idea how many tickets we have sold for Saturday? 

I initially thought we would take a pretty decent following, seeing things on twitter though with folk being off by the price. Admittedly £27 is pricey, Hearts away is comfortably my favourite day in the Calendar, and seeing as my last away trip was Hearts before covid, a full 18 months ago, I don't mind paying it.

17 hours ago, Swello said:

I think anyone that has played for Thistle, Livi and Motherwell probably (fucking definitely) knows how the vast majority of supporters of these types of clubs feel about the OF and all the shite that goes with them.

This is it exactly. Fair enough, he has the urge to be happy about the team he supports being top of the league - but why can't he talk about it to his pals on a group chat or whatever? I really don't see what he stands to gain from being so public about it.

Just seen that Motherwell and Hearts have lodged complaints to the SPFL about the Old firm (lack of) away ticket allocations. I only see it in the Daily Rqg (from the BBC gossip page) so I wont link it here but hopefully it is true.

Edited by Phillips455

56 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Anyone any idea how many tickets we have sold for Saturday? 

I initially thought we would take a pretty decent following, seeing things on twitter though with folk being off by the price. Admittedly £27 is pricey, Hearts away is comfortably my favourite day in the Calendar, and seeing as my last away trip was Hearts before covid, a full 18 months ago, I don't mind paying it.

I picked mine up from Fir Park this morning but I never actually asked how many we've sold so far.  I'd say 800-1000 is probably a fair guess at what we'll have on Saturday, given the price and if any are unsure about the whole vaccine passport malarkey.

What's the script re seating at away games/Tynecastle these days?  It's my first away game in 18 months or so as well.  The tickets have seat numbers on them.  Is it sit in your allocated seat or just plank yer arse where you find one?

26 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Just seen that Motherwell and Hearts have lodged complaints to the SPFL about the Old firm (lack of) away ticket allocations. I only see it in the Daily Rqg (from the BBC gossip page) so I wont link it here but hopefully it is true.

Good to see them publicly calling them out for what is just a blatant abuse of the rules due to covid.

Hopefully both (and others) also have the balls, and courage of their convictions to give them the lowest allocation possible for the home fixtures. Cash is ultimately king and will prevent many from doing so, but I've got a feeling that is what both Budge and Burrows will do, and more power to them for it. 

3 minutes ago, Desp said:

I picked mine up from Fir Park this morning but I never actually asked how many we've sold so far.  I'd say 800-1000 is probably a fair guess at what we'll have on Saturday, given the price and if any are unsure about the whole vaccine passport malarkey.

What's the script re seating at away games/Tynecastle these days?  It's my first away game in 18 months or so as well.  The tickets have seat numbers on them.  Is it sit in your allocated seat or just plank yer arse where you find one?

I noticed on the website it said unreserved seating, from memory it has always been a free for all at hearts, whether that changes now i'm not sure.

I really need to try and get through to Fir park at some point to pick my tickets up at some point.

11 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Good to see them publicly calling them out for what is just a blatant abuse of the rules due to covid.

Hopefully both (and others) also have the balls, and courage of their convictions to give them the lowest allocation possible for the home fixtures. Cash is ultimately king and will prevent many from doing so, but I've got a feeling that is what both Budge and Burrows will do, and more power to them for it. 

It's good to see Hearts complain as I think the only complaint that is valid is from the affected team (we didn't complain when it was us, so we are only along for the ride here).

The problem with the complaint though is twofold - firstly, I think they changed the rules, so Rangers and Celtic aren't actually in breach of anything as long as they can justify it as "COVID" (which will be easy for them to do). Related to that, the governing bodies will have zero stomach for getting into a fight with the OF about this, so absolutely f**k-all will happen. 

I think there should be a fairness principle where there should be a guaranteed away support regardless if it inconveniences a small number of home supporters. I don't buy the fact that Rangers or Celtic couldn't find a seat for a few hundred  displaced home supporters in amongst the comps and other non-paying people that will be taking up a seat at Ibrox or Parkhead on normal matchdays - so they are at it basically.

It's been interesting to watch penalty claims for Watt at Ibrox and the Utd player at Parkhead at the weekend played out to a deathly silence where a shout would otherwise have been. Watt's was slightly more arguable (but still a clear penalty) but does anyone think if a Celtic player went down under the challenge that was waived away that no penalty would be given? Referees are already heavily influenced at Ibrox and Parkhead, this just completes it.

39 minutes ago, Swello said:

It's good to see Hearts complain as I think the only complaint that is valid is from the affected team (we didn't complain when it was us, so we are only along for the ride here).

The problem with the complaint though is twofold - firstly, I think they changed the rules, so Rangers and Celtic aren't actually in breach of anything as long as they can justify it as "COVID" (which will be easy for them to do). Related to that, the governing bodies will have zero stomach for getting into a fight with the OF about this, so absolutely f**k-all will happen. 

I think there should be a fairness principle where there should be a guaranteed away support regardless if it inconveniences a small number of home supporters. I don't buy the fact that Rangers or Celtic couldn't find a seat for a few hundred  displaced home supporters in amongst the comps and other non-paying people that will be taking up a seat at Ibrox or Parkhead on normal matchdays - so they are at it basically.

It's been interesting to watch penalty claims for Watt at Ibrox and the Utd player at Parkhead at the weekend played out to a deathly silence where a shout would otherwise have been. Watt's was slightly more arguable (but still a clear penalty) but does anyone think if a Celtic player went down under the challenge that was waived away that no penalty would be given? Referees are already heavily influenced at Ibrox and Parkhead, this just completes it.

I totally get that the rules were changed and there are no actual breaches, it's just completely transparent that both are taking full advantage in allowing no away support at all, when it would be perfectly feasible to accommodate even a small number of away fans without any difficulty whatsoever. 

I also understand that fùck all will be done, but it's good to see other clubs at least making their feelings known publicly.

On the penalties, both of these are definitely given at the other end of the park, and you are again right in the assertion that their support would heavily influence the decision. I would also say, for example, if a Rangers player went down under the same challenge as Watt in front of 4,000 Rangers fans in the South Stand at Fir Park, the likelihood is that it would be given there too. Referees can be equally as spineless against large numbers of them on the road as they are at they are at their own places. For that reason, I'd stick a couple of hundred of them in the back four rows of the upper, try to get the home end as full as possible and use what advantages we can, just like they have chosen to do by shutting away fans out. Fùck 'em.

Edited by 'WellDel
Typo

On 25/09/2021 at 20:36, ropy said:

I am phoning them on Tuesday for this same reason.  Worst case I can travel on Wednesday to pick them up but not ideal, then again I will visit my mam so brownie points?

Not sure if you sorted this yet but it seems postage option is now available when buying online. Just sorted my ticket, can't wait! 

I see the BBC saying “requesting clarity on the current rules over away fans” so I suspect the SPFL response, if any, will be that the rules are currently being waived due to COVID and nothing more said about it.

Fair play to Motherwell and Hearts for calling it out.

33 minutes ago, mwellhighland said:

Not sure if you sorted this yet but it seems postage option is now available when buying online. Just sorted my ticket, can't wait! 

I phoned them, got an extra ticket added to my order (I’ve found a pal) and got them to post them to me, couldn’t have been simpler.