Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Not sure why the sarky comments 🤷‍♂️.

For Motherwell to be voted as the best against 3 huge English premiership teams is quite frankly amazing. Especially given the vast difference in budgets one would suspect. 

Kudos to all the Social media team. They might not get everything right (generally when we were being beaten week in week out), but some of the output and quality has been superb. 

I can just imagine the Man Utd social media team at the announcement…..” the winners are Motherwell FC”

Tom Segura Comedy GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

I'd like to think the social media award was won based on things like the (excellent) suicide prevention campaign rather than the "we go again" tweets which got rolled out 5 minutes after every dismal display last season.

Fair fucks to them. As a fan I'm far more interested than the fitba team than the social media team but any bit of positivity the club gets can only be a good thing.

Aye the club's social media is good and that deserves recognition, but for context, St Mirren won 'best financially run club' or something at the same awards.

Actually, that sounds a bit shit and seems like I'm being negative, just thought that was a strange one.
As said above, the Social Media team (everyone from Alan Burrows down) do great work in terms of highlighting mental health and local community issues.
Some of the content we see is really good and engaging, but inevitably you can't please everyone with everything.

I think it probably speaks volumes that this isn't an isolated award and that the club are widely recognised - and have been for a few years - for being good at this stuff.

Fair play to the media team for winning the award ahead of some huge clubs who's budgets and man power will be miles ahead of theirs. 

I've said in the past not everything they do is my cup of tea, but then again it's probably not aimed at people like me which is absolutely fair enough - they can't be all things to all men.

The work they do in highlighting the community aspects of the club and the various campaigns such as suicide prevention and food bank collections deserve recognition. I'm a fan of the monthly Inside Motherwell video which is usually quite fun and gives a better insight into the players/club. As @Ron Aldo says, any positivity for the club is a good thing, and these guys very much do their part.     

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Still rather have match updates on Twitter tbh

I agree, but as has been pointed out before, you can partly blame Twitter for that decision, since the official apps and website try very hard not to show you a chronological timeline by default any more. (And if you do turn that option back on, they have a habit of randomly turning it off again.)

23 minutes ago, Gallus Numpty said:

I agree, but as has been pointed out before, you can partly blame Twitter for that decision, since the official apps and website try very hard not to show you a chronological timeline by default any more. (And if you do turn that option back on, they have a habit of randomly turning it off again.)

Aye, as has been said before it's not a Motherwell specific thing and they're not doing it to get people bent out of shape. It's just a natural knock on from the Twitter app evolving and we seem to be the sort of the club who pay attention to that sort of stuff (which is a good thing) and aim to get the most out our socials in terms of clicks and engagement.

It's literally their job like.

I was having a scroll through Leeds' timeline the other night after McKinstry came on and it's the same thing. Updates on kick-off, goals, subs and a wee summary here and there. The play-by-play approach is pretty much the equivalent to VHS & Betamax now.

Guest superward
13 hours ago, welldaft said:

Not sure why the sarky comments 🤷‍♂️.

For Motherwell to be voted as the best against 3 huge English premiership teams is quite frankly amazing. Especially given the vast difference in budgets one would suspect. 

Kudos to all the Social media team. They might not get everything right (generally when we were being beaten week in week out), but some of the output and quality has been superb. 

I can just imagine the Man Utd social media team at the announcement…..” the winners are Motherwell FC”

Tom Segura Comedy GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

Totally agree. 

Fair play to the team. In general the output is great. 

I do think we could have a seperate play by play type feed for live matches (doesn't even need to be Twitter) though.  That would be decent. Ik sure that was even mentioned at some point but didn't come to fruition. 

I'm guessing it's an acquired taste but I've been enjoying Alexander's press conferences. He has absolutely zero time anyone's bullshit.

His "I don't see the difference between home matches and away matches" and cutting off whoever was asking him about County's "tough start to the season" with "I don't want to see us pulled in with a group of teams that people think they should beat" has some sass...

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I'm guessing it's an acquired taste but I've been enjoying Alexander's press conferences. He has absolutely zero time anyone's bullshit.

His "I don't see the difference between home matches and away matches" and cutting off whoever was asking him about County's "tough start to the season" with "I don't want to see us pulled in with a group of teams that people think they should beat" has some sass...

Not a bit. 

I also like the cut of his gib. 

Tells it as he sees it. Very refreshing. Hopefully rubs off on the players. 

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I liked the bit right at the end where he said that he doesn't want us to be seen as an easy fixture by other teams - excellent attitude that's miles better than "we're a wee club/low budget/punching above our weight shite.

Co-incidentally, I've happened to read two hearts-minded hacks this week separately implying that home games against Livi and Us are welcome easier games and given our head to head record with Hearts (when they've been in the same division as us) over an extended period is pretty good and we've just come off getting a point at Ibrox in the midst of a decent run - I felt like GA looked at the end of that interview :)