Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Aye but who do you really support?

I don't really have a strict allegiance at the moment. I used to follow Rangers a long time ago, but gave up my season ticket for a number of reasons. I was then trying to get into following Airdrieonians but the pandemic happened, and now I just pick a game and go along. So far this season I have been to Cliftonhill x2, Easter Road, St. Mirren Park, Petershill Park and Firhill. 🙂 

8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I didn't realise Jamie Ness had signed for Forfar btw. I mean maybe he's tearing it up for them tbf I don't know, but seems a weird one if we were apparently close to signing him in the summer.

I've still not stopped laughing at his wild fresh air swipe when we were away to Dundee last January.

8 hours ago, G_&_T said:

I don't really have a strict allegiance at the moment. I used to follow Rangers a long time ago, but gave up my season ticket for a number of reasons. I was then trying to get into following Airdrieonians but the pandemic happened, and now I just pick a game and go along. So far this season I have been to Cliftonhill x2, Easter Road, St. Mirren Park, Petershill Park and Firhill. 🙂 

It's a good cover story. They might believe ye in the office.

10 hours ago, G_&_T said:

The way youse've been playing, and given Celtic's current form, I'm considering coming along to Fir Park on 16 October. Will it be difficult getting tickers for the home end? I know some clubs stop selling them to folk who aren't registered with the club. Will an Albion Rovers scarf do, btw, to blend in?

Not 100% sure what the script is these days tbh, however I would imagine the club would be more than happy to cater for you if you phoned the ticket office and explained. You will get a ticket though, if you want one. 

On 20/09/2021 at 11:46, Desp said:

FFS!  One i've had in the calendar for a while as well.

Can't actually blame Hearts here, it's actually sensible move from them.  Scot Gov needs to get their finger out on this.

Burrows replied on twitter saying he had a conversation with hearts this morning and is very hopeful we will have an allocation, hearts are just trying to sort the finer details of it all.

I seen a very good point, Open goal live show is the following day and there is no mention of vaccine passports being an issue for that, its a 12k sell out indoors.

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I didn't realise Jamie Ness had signed for Forfar btw. I mean maybe he's tearing it up for them tbf I don't know, but seems a weird one if we were apparently close to signing him in the summer.

I got the impression he was in as a trialist to have a look at rather than it being a case of us being "close" to signing him. There's also the fact that Alexander had him at Scunthorpe so there's a chance we were doing him a turn to get him back involved given he'd taken a step away from the game after he left Dundee.

He played a half in the friendly against Dumbarton but I don't think was ever really mentioned again after that.

From memory we played 7 "trialists" of varying degrees of "trial" in that game eg: KVV got a run out but was pretty much signed, he just hadn't been announced, Tom King the GK played while we were waiting on Kelly being confirmed (King ended signing for Salford as soon as we announced Kelly). O'Connor also played but we didn't sign him until we needed bodies for the LC groups on 13th July (18 days after the Dumbarton game).

Looking at Viva Motherwell's Twitter feed the others were Paweł Żuk, Joe Muscatt (who Alexander had on loan at Salford from Bolton) and an unnamed player.

Edited by capt_oats

on Jamie Ness as well, did he not quit football due to his mental health so maybe he felt part time football was the best option and if his last club before that was Dundee and he still lives in the area Forfar isn't too far away, could have all just been very convenient for him.

26 minutes ago, Richie said:

Aye, it was good when Si Ferry was just interviewing folk, but then Slane etc got involved.
Its since become a parody of itself. The Euros ones were cringe with the constant singing etc.

I'd agree. I cherry pick ones to watch and found a few of the one on one interviews were quite good as he maybe had players more relaxed than they would otherwise be. However the panel set up with the Slane etc is absolutely murder. 

The Open Goal stuff is absolutely chronic.  However, it's not aimed at folk like me, is it?  Fair fucks to Si Ferry, he's clocked a gap in the market and went all in.  He knows who he's punting this stuff to.  The Celtic/Rangers "fans" who have absolutely no clue about football in general other than what "thayme" are up to.  The c***s that phone up football phone-in's and would struggle to name the other 10 clubs in the Premiership.  Raging when Soccer Saturday punted Le Tissier, Nicholas & Thompson and replaced them with women and black guys.  You know who I mean.  

I'll give Si Ferry the benefit of the doubt, with him being around the lower leagues for a good few years, I'll say that he knows a decent amount, but sticking two absolute imbeciles alongside him (to reflect the kind of people he's aiming it towards) is genius marketing.  That 10,000 plus people are paying, I'm guessing £30 or so?, to sit and listen to absolute drivel for a couple of hours speaks volumes about the average IQ of the glory hunting Celtic & Rangers fans out there.  Hats off to Si again, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank. 

2 hours ago, Well Well said:

I see Motherwell FC won the best Social Media team award at the 2021 Football Business Awards today beating Man Utd, Everton and Leicester City in the final list.

Christ... that's aw we need.