Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

51 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m not jumping on the hype train just yet.

Steelmen will be mental when we lose a few games with the way we’re currently playing.

I hope the Scandinavian gods are as good as we think they are. I also hope the fees were low.

I mean we're obviously losing to Ross County right? I'm incredibly sure of this 

27 minutes ago, Swello said:

I would normally be more cautious at this stage - but after the absolute fucking purgatory of last season, it's just nice to be excited about the team again, so f**k it - we're massive.

Also - I want draw the thread's attention to item 6 on the Bread section of the menu of the indian I had - could be popular in some quarters

PXL_20210917_184453938.thumb.jpg.b57728c9344c694019d4db7376db2d8f.jpg

skipped right over the ADD PANEER? 0.50

I mean we're obviously losing to Ross County right? I'm incredibly sure of this 
Absolutely.

We were in a similar position a couple of seasons back where we played Ross County early in the season but lost 2-1 after being a goal up. Its definitely happening again.

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I didn't even get that far. Haggis nan was enough for me. Where is this place?

It's in Newington in Edinburgh - actually a decent curry if you avoid all the weird student-pleasing muck like Marshmallow naans and Irn Bru curry (blech).

And I'm on the de-hype train about the County game - they've got a good record at Fir Park and it is the sort of game that we've habitually made an arse of over the years. If we do manage to win it however....

19 minutes ago, Swello said:

It's in Newington in Edinburgh - actually a decent curry if you avoid all the weird student-pleasing muck like Marshmallow naans and Irn Bru curry (blech).

And I'm on the de-hype train about the County game - they've got a good record at Fir Park and it is the sort of game that we've habitually made an arse of over the years. If we do manage to win it however....

Marshmallo Naan - should be shut down for that.

Loads of food outlets in newington, variable quality.

The builders landscaping my garden regularly pop into a place called "Braw Scran" along there for the simple reason that the Deep Fried Chilli Chicken is "enormous, more chicken than you can eat for £5 and they chuck in chips for free" 😆 They reckon its better value than Snax which is a bold claim.

No health food for these guys.........

2 hours ago, Swello said:

+1 on the de-hype for the County game. I've no real expectations here. It's still early days in the season and it's still pretty much a brand new squad.

We might win, we might lose. It's absolutely the sort of fixture we've fucked up in the past (a 1-2 loss from being 1-0 up after winning 3 on the bounce in 19/20), equally it's a fixture we've won comfortably (4-0 last season coming off the back of a 1-5 scudding by Rangers).

Broadly that's a different conversation to being pleasantly surprised with how the start to the season has gone given the scale of the turnover of players and fairly high-risk shift in transfer strategy. This was a window that needed to be spot on given we needed to replace/improve on half our starting XI.

As it stands we're sitting 4th, are the only team in the league who have scored in every league game and from our last 5 unbeaten of the 3 goals we've conceded 1 was an OG and another was offside.

That all feels very different to where we were this time last season (literally bottom of the league after 6 games and failed to score in 5 of those 6).

So for me right now it's very much a case of life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

To touch on the point that we've scored in every league game so far as part of a broader trend, Alexander's been in charge for 24 league games so far and we've failed to score in only 3 of them (12.5%). One of those we were down to 10 men and another was the 17 players injured/unavailable game (the third was a 0-0 draw):

1420582749_ScreenShot2021-09-22at09_44_28.thumb.png.cc1e49f8493ffe46f2d1bda1febe96cc.png
1660778238_ScreenShot2021-09-22at09_44_58.thumb.png.f5fc024ae5ad03021dd76dd222a353b8.png

Edited by capt_oats

Looking at that list the only 3 upset results in GA’s tenure have been Accies at home, Airdrie away and Dundee in the Cup. Could throw St Johnstone into the ring but they were on fire, what a difference 6 months makes.

He has a few more than 3 shocking performances under his belt however. All and all nice reading.

Looking at that list the only 3 upset results in GA’s tenure have been Accies at home, Airdrie away and Dundee in the Cup. Could throw St Johnstone into the ring but they were on fire, what a difference 6 months makes.
He has a few more than 3 shocking performances under his belt however. All and all nice reading.

Killie 4-1? At the time they were bottom of the league and 10 games without a win, having beaten them 1-0 at Rugby Park just a few weeks prior.

Possibly the stand out game along with the Accies/Airdrie matches for me when it comes to poor performances under GA, we just didn’t look interested for the entire 90 minutes.

On Tynecastle next month; I've got family in the Highlands and sometimes go along to Inverness games to the point that I have something of a soft spot for them. They're away to Accies the day we're at Hearts and I really don't want to end up guilt tripping myself into going to NDP this season so it really is in my interests that the Jambos let us in.

The way youse've been playing, and given Celtic's current form, I'm considering coming along to Fir Park on 16 October. Will it be difficult getting tickers for the home end? I know some clubs stop selling them to folk who aren't registered with the club. Will an Albion Rovers scarf do, btw, to blend in?

31 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

The way youse've been playing, and given Celtic's current form, I'm considering coming along to Fir Park on 16 October. Will it be difficult getting tickers for the home end? I know some clubs stop selling them to folk who aren't registered with the club. Will an Albion Rovers scarf do, btw, to blend in?

Aye but who do you really support?