Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Far from me to defend Rangers, but its an easy explanation. They're standing behind this red zone excuse because they need to move the ST holders from the Main Stand into what is usually the away end. 

For European games, the ST's aren't valid so they only sell home tickets for what's available and can still offer the away fans a section. 

I mean, Rangers are still completely at it with the lack of domestic away fans, but you can't compare the two scenarios this week. 

Edited by Desp

47 minutes ago, Desp said:

Far from me to defend Rangers, but its an easy explanation. They're standing behind this red zone excuse because they need to move the ST holders from the Main Stand into what is usually the away end. 

For European games, the ST's aren't valid so they only sell home tickets for what's available and can still offer the away fans a section. 

I mean, Rangers are still completely at it with the lack of domestic away fans, but you can't compare the two scenarios this week. 

Yep this is fair and so if there was a cup game at Ibrox, the excuse disappears.

I see they've announced that they're not giving Hibs any tickets either, so it seems that they're going all-in with this. The risk for them is that with only Rangers supporters in the ground every week, the chances of them turning on their team if they aren't winning after 15 mins is higher. That's what I'm hoping for today anyway.

We play Rangers at the end of October and I assume we'll reduce their allocation by the two sections of seats we close off either side of the stairs the visiting players use in the south stand. That's probably similar to the size of area we're allowed at Ibrox.

I suppose we'll find out how they do it as we play Celtic earlier in the month.

10 minutes ago, Swello said:

It's becoming clear just how good a transfer window we've had this summer.

Absolutely.

Feel bad for slagging big Woolery the other week now. A cracking assist last week against Aberdeen followed by a goal at Ibrox today.

Taken his time to get up to speed but starting to look like another good bit of business by Alexander. 

Already this team is night and day from last season. Its not pretty at times but, so far, Alexanderball has been effective and gets results.

Still early days but I'd still expect Hibs, Aberdeen and possibly Hearts to finish above us. Top 6 should definitely be achievable though.

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:

Already this team is night and day from last season. Its not pretty at times but, so far, Alexanderball has been effective and gets results.

Still early days but I'd still expect Hibs, Aberdeen and possibly Hearts to finish above us. Top 6 should definitely be achievable though.

It will come down to mental strength. Hibs are weak, Jack Ross right now doesn't have a clue what his best team and formation is. They dropped points from ahead at home to St Mirren. Not saying we won't be doing that too but Alexander is making us a strong side mentally and physically.

We go and put wins on the board against teams we should beat and i think we will be up at the top end of the table.

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I think this is where we are currently differing from Aberdeen with a relatively new manager. Glass appears to have a team that don't like a scrap where as we appear to have assembled 11 Ivan Dragos. 

Guest superward
34 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Would be good if Ojala and Sondre can get a good run together. I hope they aren’t going to be injury prone.

I fear Van Veen could end up missing a wad of games due to the needless bookings he’s picking up.

Thinking the same about KVV.

However, he was unlucky I thought today. Booked for simulation and he didn't exactly go down acrobatically or even claim for it. Bit hard done by I reckon. Watt, however, had a couple of blatant dives and didn't even get a card (which, btw, is fine with me)