Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

By the by, we apparently have the highest % of shots on target in the league.

Shocked that a strikeforce of KVV and Watt is at the opposite end of the scale to one of Brophy and Main. 

Ties into some of the stuff I noticed earlier, where folk were pointing to us outperforming relative to xG as a gotcha or whatever, as if signing and getting the best out of competent strikers isn't a significant aspect of football in itself.

10 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

When were we last top of the league? My guess would be the Higdon season? When we won the first game 3-0 vs ICT.

Dunno but I vividly remember Hateley's free kick in the last minute at St Mirren sending us top and I was convinced we were winning the league.

Dunno but I vividly remember Hateley's free kick in the last minute at St Mirren sending us top and I was convinced we were winning the league.

I remember that season Humphrey scoring a late goal at East End Park to make it 4-1 or 4-2 just before an international break and we might have still been top then. I remember it well as it’s the only time I’ve been to Dunfermline and the bridies were sensational.

20 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

When were we last top of the league? My guess would be the Higdon season? When we won the first game 3-0 vs ICT.

By my count 2012/13.

1905689319_ScreenShot2021-09-18at18_05_31.thumb.png.26885033a2cdc819fd78dc734e8f194b.png

Coincidentally the same season where McCall rolled over to the new version of Rangers in the league cup...while they were in League 2 and we were top of the league.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Coincidentally the same season where McCall rolled over to the new version of Rangers in the league cup...while they were in League 2 and we were top of the league.

Fs that's my Saturday night ruined. Don't think I have ever been so livid about a game of football. McCall had us beaten before a ball had even been kicked.