Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Neil86 said:

Sorry to veer away from KVV. Anyway, Tynecastle, will it be first dibs to season ticket holders, free for all, anyone hazard a guess?

Are they letting away supporters in yet? Maybe we'll be Red Zoned again.

18 minutes ago, Swello said:

Are they letting away supporters in yet? Maybe we'll be Red Zoned again.

Hearts are yes. That's because they, like most teams, follow the rules and have an away section planned and don't simply tear it up when they have to move some supporters.

It will probably be the same situation as our last visit to Hearts (which was the last game we played before the COVID-19 Pandemic shut down). That is the top half of the away stand.

1 hour ago, Neil86 said:
Sorry to veer away from KVV. Anyway, Tynecastle, will it be first dibs to season ticket holders, free for all, anyone hazard a guess?

Going by the support Aberdeen got there a few weeks ago, I’d expect everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

Edited by ZX1886

45 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

By the by, we apparently have the highest % of shots on target in the league.

TBF you've also had less shots than a lot of sides.

Compared to the bottom 3 you're also benefiting from not having a lot of long range shots. Remove Brophy and his "shoot whenever i have the ball 50 yards from goal" and St Mirren probably soar.

Post isn't meant to sound as grumpy as it does 😅 just like deep dives into stuff when success % bits pop up.

WellShots.thumb.png.9279091b530c6cbd6fcd9462a08f9153.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Compared to the bottom 3 you're also benefiting from not having a lot of long range shots. Remove Brophy and his "shoot whenever i have the ball 50 yards from goal" and St Mirren probably soar.

Aye, that's definitely a thing.

I'd mentioned in an earlier post that we seem to have focused on getting the ball into high % areas rather than a general "put crosses into the box" which was very much Robinson's thing.

I'm fairly sure that Watt's header against Dundee is the furthest out we've scored from all season.

Both Van Veen's goals have been 6 yard headers, Ojala's as well. Watt's goal against your lot was around the penalty spot. Watt and Grimshaw's goals were from about 3 yards against Livi.

Even in the LC Lawless and Maguire's goals were from about 10-12 yards, Amaluzor was inside the 6 yard box, Watt and Lamie's were headers around 6 yards.

Woolery's was just inside the 18 yard box IIRC.

From a total of 14 we've scored this season 9 have been from the 6 yard line or closer.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Post isn't meant to sound as grumpy as it does 😅 just like deep dives into stuff when success % bits pop up.

WellShots.thumb.png.9279091b530c6cbd6fcd9462a08f9153.png

What if you scale the results up by possession stats.  If we have 25% possession then we are likely to have fewer shots.  Just better ones .

1 minute ago, ropy said:

What if you scale the results up by possession stats.  If we have 25% possession then we are likely to have fewer shots.  Just better ones .

I'm not saying having less shots is a bad thing or anything, just looked at shot maps after seeing the tweet and thought some of you might be interesting in some more context.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not saying having less shots is a bad thing or anything, just looked at shot maps after seeing the tweet and thought some of you might be interesting in some more context.

I am just trying to get you to say we are magnificent (as well as massive) 

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, there were a couple of earlier Tweets with those numbers. How accurate they are IDK.

So with us scoring 8 goals so far that gives us about a 31% conversion rate of shots on target.

Compared with 15% for Livi and 23% for St Mirren with St Johnstone on 13%. Celtic are 35%, Rangers are 34%.

Interestingly (or not) Hibs are 37% and Hearts 41% based on those numbers.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

It will probably be the same situation as our last visit to Hearts (which was the last game we played before the COVID-19 Pandemic shut down). That is the top half of the away stand.

Hearts are a shower of b*****ds. Advertise two tiered pricing then only open the dear as fúck option.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, there were a couple of earlier Tweets with those numbers. How accurate they are IDK.

So with us scoring 8 goals so far that gives us about a 31% conversion rate of shots on target.

Compared with 15% for Livi and 23% for St Mirren with St Johnstone on 13%. Celtic are 35%, Rangers are 34%.

Interestingly (or not) Hibs are 37% and Hearts 41% based on those numbers.

Here's a question, based on the lists, are we meant to below Hearts in the Shots one or is it meant to be "45" and it was a typo?