Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Forfinn said:

Ross County fans haven't been able to attend any of our away games so far this season. The Hibs game was fair enough, they were still limited to 5k fans at that point. However, Aberdeen were entirely at it and given how many empty seats there were at Parkhead on Saturday, Celtic were too. As it turns out, our game against Motherwell on the 25th will be our first league away day since we were last at Fir Park last March.

Given Rangers were supposedly able to offer Celtic 700-ish away tickets before later rescinding the offer, it sounds like they're manipulating the situation as well.

The SPFL rules are quite clear that away allocations need to be agreed between both clubs and can be taken to the SPFL board if agreement can't be reached. Hopefully our clubs are challenging these decisions behind the scenes.

I27 The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.

I would guess that Covid stuff supersedes that rule for the moment as long as the clubs can come up with some sort of justification but as someone that goes to pretty much all away games apart from Ibrox and Parkhead, I hate the principal that away support can be locked out if they are an inconvenience. 

I think the outrage-o-meter is pretty low on this simply as even our die-hards that go on the longer away trips give Ibrox a miss under normal circumstances. It would actually be a bigger deal if St Mirren or Livi did it to us. St Johnstone did it to us at a time where their council were being unreasonably tough on numbers, so they didn't get too much stick.

Guest superward

This is sounding like I'm backing them up. God.  But...

I dunno all the figures involved but if they have to blank out some main stand seats for the covid sterile red zone. Then surely the first priority for them is to relocate those fans elsewhere until they don't have a red zone? I'd expect that as a home fan at fir park. If the games going to be close to sell out then the only spare bit will be the away section. If it's not (like a League cup game mibbe) then different story.

The old firm games are a bit different in that I think Rangers and Celtic still sell season tickets that don't include the OF games. So that explains why they can offer more seats to each other but not a few hundred to the likes of us. The OF games they already start with less season tickets expected.

That felt horrible. 

f**k Rangers.

This seems like something it's safe to put out there when we've just won 3 games on the spin. Can imagine the look on the social media team's faces if they tried to put this out this time last year.

Please No Gif - IceGif

Needless to say on this thread but our badge is looking as beautiful as ever.

22 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

This seems like something it's safe to put out there when we've just won 3 games on the spin. Can imagine the look on the social media team's faces if they tried to put this out this time last year.

Please No Gif - IceGif

Needless to say on this thread but our badge is looking as beautiful as ever.

If this had come out after the Airdrie game or the league cup exit heads would be exploding all across ML1. 

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Callum Slattery is the most fouled player in the league lads.

Genuinely think he's kind of went under the radar a bit given the KVV and culturally Scandinavian love that's been going around.

Callum Slattery is a top tier p***k and I absolutely love it. 

18 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Callum Slattery is the most fouled player in the league lads.

Genuinely think he's kind of went under the radar a bit given the KVV and culturally Scandinavian love that's been going around.

He's the only man to make both Top Fives, which is some going. He'd be heading both, too, if it wasn't for some useless donkey called, checks notes, er, Curtis Main.

52 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Of the new intake - Slattery is right up there, although it looks like we are spoiled this year. What I've found interesting is that despite having very little first team experience (compared to say Allan Campbell), he's extremely streetwise (©Streetwise Guy on Steelmen) and looks way more seasoned than he is. 

Sunday at Ibrox will be an interesting test for him when he only gets fouls given against him.