Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 minutes ago, Desp said:

Yeah, we did at the Aberdeen game.  The section of the PO'D stand closest to the Cooper was the Covid Section, where fans could choose to swap their usual seat to sit there, which was a bit more spacious.

That’s not a red zone by current definition. The red zone is created to allow player movement within a stadium as seen v Aberdeen on Saturday. Earlier games had the opposition move downstairs and enter pitch level from the side of the South Stand.

That’s not a red zone by current definition. The red zone is created to allow player movement within a stadium as seen v Aberdeen on Saturday. Earlier games had the opposition move downstairs and enter pitch level from the side of the South Stand.

Tbf we still have the opposition players making their way down the South Stand onto the pitch. Surely we can be majorly petty and rule out the South Stand in the name of ‘player safety’.

At least 4 in front of me at the Hartley 3-3 game.
Didn't really enjoy their day, I don't think.

Many years ago when I sat in the Cooper with my dad at a game against Celtic, I remember a boy coming in with a green hat and asking where his ST seat was... we were in the second half of the season.

1 hour ago, ZX1886 said:

Tbf we still have the opposition players making their way down the South Stand onto the pitch. Surely we can be majorly petty and rule out the South Stand in the name of ‘player safety’.

Cutting off our nose to spite our face? That helps.

The SPFL rules state that both behind the goal stands must be priced the same, it's to avoid gouging as some already on here have advocated. You can have different "tiers" of games, I think the OF and Edinburgh clubs are our tier 1 and tier 2 is everyone else. I imagine when these prices are published at the start of the season the club are held to them.

Thanks to a decision made a few years ago and our recent season ticket announcement, the OF no longer outnumber us at our stadium by having access to the POD. That costs us up to 100k a season but the place certainly smells a lot better.

Since being reincarnated/reborn/adding "the" they have shown a distinct malevolence to everyone else and arrogance that seemed to eclipse the 1873 brand. Cutting Celtic's OF allocation from the whole of the Broomloan. Greeting about everything and anything. Making an almighty hoo haa about racial abuse but whistle and sheepishly look at the ceiling when sectarian behaviour is continually countenanced and overlooked. Refusing even now to speak to the BBC and the Cinch nonsense all being prime examples.

The impotent SPFL not willing to hold them or their ugly sister to account despite having +50k stadiums is another example of bullshit we have to live with. I wouldn't be going but I resent the fact they don't have to cordon off a strip of seats and therefore miss out on revenue.

I'm sure when he left he'd given it the 'leaving for bigger things, and a side that can split the old firm' but it was fucking ages ago so maybe I've got him and Brian Kerr mixed up.

I see that and raise you Stephen Craig who moved to Aberdeen because “girls on the beach on holiday have heard of Aberdeen and not Motherwell”

16 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm sure when he left he'd given it the 'leaving for bigger things, and a side that can split the old firm' but it was fucking ages ago so maybe I've got him and Brian Kerr mixed up.

I think you have as @ropy says he went to Brighton but on the topic of Brian Kerr, he has to be up there with one of the most disappointing signings we've had.

Other than his customary 3 or 4 screamers a season, he looked utterly uninterested the rest of the time. He claimed to be a 'Well fan too, certainly didn't play like one.

Ross County fans haven't been able to attend any of our away games so far this season. The Hibs game was fair enough, they were still limited to 5k fans at that point. However, Aberdeen were entirely at it and given how many empty seats there were at Parkhead on Saturday, Celtic were too. As it turns out, our game against Motherwell on the 25th will be our first league away day since we were last at Fir Park last March.

Given Rangers were supposedly able to offer Celtic 700-ish away tickets before later rescinding the offer, it sounds like they're manipulating the situation as well.

The SPFL rules are quite clear that away allocations need to be agreed between both clubs and can be taken to the SPFL board if agreement can't be reached. Hopefully our clubs are challenging these decisions behind the scenes.

I27 The Home club must make provision for the admission of such reasonable number of visiting supporters at every home League Match and Play-Off Match as may be agreed in advance with the Visiting Club and, in the event of their being unable to agree such number not later than 14 days prior to the date of the League Match or Play-Off Match in question, the number of visiting supporters allowed shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final and binding.