Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Was it not that Celtic couldn't give them an absolute guarantee because they couldn't say what the regulations will be come the New Year game? Anyway, I won't be going.

No, they said they couldn't guarantee because a section of their main stand is currently not fit for fans to be seated in so they are using the away fans section  to sit them.

They are allowed to do this as the rules for the Away support (I.e. minimum allocation offered) are still been waived. We could theoretically give 0 away tickets to the cletic support next month if they don't offer tickets for the reverse fixture. Wonder how many will try to get into the home end if that happened (which won't due to the money that we would lose).

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Seems to be a bit of Twitter chat in the mentions here about us being the team in for Ross Tierney from Bohemians.

Centre mid. The Irish Thomas Müller no less. Shoutout for massive FM regen energy in the thumbnail here.

435553214_ScreenShot2021-09-12at15_10_42.thumb.png.222e1b104b4c151bcf8c44a46c9c619c.png

He was randomly mentioned on our thread like a week ago, interestingly.

No, they said they couldn't guarantee because a section of their main stand is currently not fit for fans to be seated in so they are using the away fans section  to sit them.
They are allowed to do this as the rules for the Away support (I.e. minimum allocation offered) are still been waived. We could theoretically give 0 away tickets to the cletic support next month if they don't offer tickets for the reverse fixture. Wonder how many will try to get into the home end if that happened (which won't due to the money that we would lose).
Is that not because the section is designated as a 'red zone' which Celtic are hoping won't be needed shortly but can't guarantee that will be the case for their New Year fixture?

Is the empty section of the south stand our designated 'red zone' or is that just to keep visiting supporters back from their players when they're baying for blood like at the end of yesterday's game? Will be selling less tickets to Old Firm fans in any upcoming games to allow an empty block either side of the steps?

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was randomly mentioned on our thread like a week ago, interestingly.

Yeah, I thought I recognised the name. Your poster seemed to just be saying they wondered if St Johnstone would be interested as he seemed to be linked with a move over here.

I see the guy who's reporting it saying to one of his reply guys in his mentions that it's not St Mirren though. Oh, in fact the guy has "liked" one of the Tweets saying it's us.

Whether that actually means anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler

607563897_ScreenShot2021-09-12at18_11_05.thumb.png.e0581e6a0b4142d493f6ce008720245b.png

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Yeah, I thought I recognised the name. Your poster seemed to just be saying they wondered if St Johnstone would be interested as he seemed to be linked with a move over here.

I see the guy who's reporting it saying to one of his reply guys in his mentions that it's not St Mirren though. Oh, in fact the guy has "liked" one of the Tweets saying it's us.

Whether that actually means anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hide contents

607563897_ScreenShot2021-09-12at18_11_05.thumb.png.e0581e6a0b4142d493f6ce008720245b.png

These folk like to let you know they're ITK, without just outright telling you what they know, so I'd wager its a good bet you're right.

11 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I assume a bunch of losers took the time to hound him on Twitter. Booing at the game is fair enough, but Twitter stalking is sad.

Is the assumption that it was Motherwell supporters? I honestly assumed it was Aberdeen supporters as they can be pretty brutal with their own players at times..

10 minutes ago, Swello said:

Is the assumption that it was Motherwell supporters? I honestly assumed it was Aberdeen supporters as they can be pretty brutal with their own players at times..

That was what I thought as well FWIW especially given what passes for "constructive criticism" on afc-chat who are as big a gang of mile-oots as you're likely to find.

Ahhhh big Dec and his petted lip. To be fair come January it will be a year of shite decision making from Hamilton's prodigal son, right up there with, "shall I go and tell this fella off and wag my finger to show displeasure?" vs "where's ma baseball bat?"

Cringe Daily Rag article, papped from Scotland, pre-contract announced early and no game time for us, left FP with GA no doubt thinking what an absolute roaster, standing frozen footed seeing your replacement send a bullet in off the woodwork.

Edited by Kapowzer

I assume a bunch of losers took the time to hound him on Twitter. Booing at the game is fair enough, but Twitter stalking is sad.

Tbf, the Daily Record have decided to run with the story and make it look like Gallagher deleted his Twitter following post-match abuse.

The first I heard of his Twitter being deleted was on Friday, maybe he expected abuse on the day of the game and deleted his account to avoid it but the headline is misleading.

3 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

Tbf, the Daily Record have decided to run with the story and make it look like Gallagher deleted his Twitter following post-match abuse.

The first I heard of his Twitter being deleted was on Friday, maybe he expected abuse on the day of the game and deleted his account to avoid it but the headline is misleading.

Maybe he just realised that Twitter contains the world's largest collection of c***s.