Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

We look like a team now, eh? 

Who knew launching dross like Lamie, Crawford and Lawless onto the bench/stands would pay dividends? 

Fucking really enjoyed that today (other than missing the 2nd goal as my daughter needed a piss). We look solid, well drilled, and a threat up top with the front three. Felt Woolery had his best game today. A shout out to @capt_oats who suggested a while back the international break could have could have come at a good time for him. 

1 minute ago, Desp said:

We look like a team now, eh? 

Who knew launching dross like Lamie, Crawford and Lawless onto the bench/stands would pay dividends? 

Fucking really enjoyed that today (other than missing the 2nd goal as my daughter needed a piss). We look solid, well drilled, and a threat up top with the front three. Felt Woolery had his best game today. A shout out to @capt_oats who suggested a while back the international break could have could have come at a good time for him. 

Tbf, it was @thisGRAEME's original shout. Talking about a Pele podcast and the idea that players making the jump from PT to FT often hit a "wall" when it came to the intensity of playing at this level.

Clearly Woolery's not come from PT but it doesn't seem a reach that he might have hit a similar issue.

5 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

So he's into vegetable pakora only?

3 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

One good dose of chicken pakora and he'll bin that in a hurry

"vegetable pakora" is an anagram of "baklava protegee"; and "chicken pakora" is an anagram of "chickpea krona", which seems especially apt for a Norse vegan.

In semi-related news, I may have had a few beers during the game.

First time in ages, I haven't felt us ever throwing away a lead. Great performance from everyone. However, what is the BBC up to with their player ratings?

Sportsound had a 30 minute discussion on Celtic's management structure between 5 and 5.30. Is this what football fans want to listen to coming back from a match. I was on the outskirts of Edinburgh before I finally heard Alexander's post match words - approx 2 minutes worth!

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 18.51.15.png

First time in ages, I haven't felt us ever throwing away a lead. Great performance from everyone. However, what is the BBC up to with their player ratings?
Sportsound had a 30 minute discussion on Celtic's management structure between 5 and 5.30. Is this what football fans want to listen to coming back from a match. I was on the outskirts of Edinburgh before I finally heard Alexander's post match words - approx 2 minutes worth!
324960280_ScreenShot2021-09-11at18_51_15.png.74d6195874654b0b30adc0d60d4e6de6.png
Yeah, I dropped a mate off in Hamilton and was back in Glasgow before they talked about anything other than Celtic.

I'm guessing very few people vote for players, particularly subs, so a few high votes for Goss can skew the averages. Crazy for him to be top-rated, in fact all of the scores are unrealistically low.

Kevin Van Veen is absolutely fantastic entertainment. Thought at one point he was going to get the alternative hat-trick of a goal, an assist, and a red card all in the one match.

That bit where he twice lifted it over the head of the Aberdeen boy was pure class.