Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

As far as I’m aware ‘ticket only’ was already the case when we played Dundee so wouldn’t really change much if we limited capacity to 10k.

They seemed to be allowing patg in the east stand. One of the gates had prices listed at it.

Out of curiosity I had a look on the bold transfermarkt and that's Watt officially played more minutes for us than any other club which is nice given all the talk of him finally "settling". It's been some journey for him since that brace at Fir Park for Celtic nine years ago, but I absolutely love the guy.

That's nice, I think he's awesome, but I'll boo him if he leaves.

Don't leave though. Turncoat judas dick.

The club has done a good job of showing that it means well and has the community at heart, that the creepy email won't bother folk as much as it might have a few years back (cynical 😄). We are so far behind with analytics and using customer data that it's great to see us leveraging it properly now. The pakora hut must be imminent.

21 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Out of curiosity I had a look on the bold transfermarkt and that's Watt officially played more minutes for us than any other club which is nice given all the talk of him finally "settling". It's been some journey for him since that brace at Fir Park for Celtic nine years ago, but I absolutely love the guy.

Only feels like he's just in the door, guess I'd never appreciated just quite how much he'd moved around.

Edited by Gallus Numpty

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Smashing interview with Alexander in The Scotsman btw.

Good article. Wasn't aware he lost his Mum so soon after taking the job.

I've read quite a few articles and listened to some podcasts with Alexander since he became our boss and I regret not appreciating him more when he was in the Scotland team. I was at the Hampden victory over France and am embarrassed to admit I've since felt more of an affinity towards Gary Caldwell for his winning goal more so than Alexander. Made worse by the nonsense Caldwell comes out with in the media and his downward spiraling managerial career. And then there's the Celtic connection. 

But back to GA. You can't not be impressed by his long steady rise to the top tier of English football whilst in his mid thirties considering he was never the most gifted of footballers. I like those stories and it probably explains why i would take most games this year to be like the 1-0 shit fest against Dundee if it means we sneak into top 6.

Smashing interview with Alexander in The Scotsman btw.

That was a tremendous read. I just can’t imagine GA in a gang, dogging school and being the last man in the pub in his earlier playing days.

I’d only have been 12 or 13 when he made his Scotland debut against the Faroese. I can only remember the model pro version of GA.

20 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I see he's 2 appearances off having played more games for us than any other club.

Not only is he in double figures for goals, he's also double figures for assists as well. There's surely a pretty strong argument that he's in the best shape of his career at the moment, going by his IG stories. I see he's started his B license as well.

In all seriousness, see since we're chucking 3 year deals around like sweeties, can we fire one in Tony's direction please?

Make it happen Burrows.

385122582_ScreenShot2021-09-04at12_52_57.thumb.png.dc9af8eac05ca289a5e292f60d0cd372.png

Edited by capt_oats

5 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

That was a tremendous read. I just can’t imagine GA in a gang, dogging school and being the last man in the pub in his earlier playing days.

I’d only have been 12 or 13 when he made his Scotland debut against the Faroese. I can only remember the model pro version of GA.

This has reminded me to resume my personal campaign for GA to have a pint at the 13th Note with me 

Already counting down the minutes until the Rangers fans' heids explode when Patterson (who gave the ball away about 324 times tonight) gets dropped for O'Donnell on Tuesday night. 

Well Done Ok GIF by funk

16 hours ago, Desp said:

Already counting down the minutes until the Rangers fans' heids explode when Patterson (who gave the ball away about 324 times tonight) gets dropped for O'Donnell on Tuesday night. 

Well Done Ok GIF by funk

I honestly still don't really "get" it with Patterson. I'm not saying he won't play at a decent level or shouldn't be in the Scotland setup but for me he looks like a pretty good Scottish Premiership full back with a few obvious deficiencies much like, eh... Stephen O'Donnell. 

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I honestly still don't really "get" it with Patterson. I'm not saying he won't play at a decent level or shouldn't be in the Scotland setup but for me he looks like a pretty good Scottish Premiership full back with a few obvious deficiencies much like, eh... Stephen O'Donnell. 

Does he not qualify for the U21s? Get him some game time and build up his experience.

Edited by ropy

7 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I think he's probably better at going forward than O'Donnell but SOD's a better defender so can see him playing against Austria. The main problem he has is he hasn't played in a while.

That’s it for me. Horses for courses. Patterson aggressively winning the ball in their half and driving forward isn’t something that’s in SOD’s game, but I’d sooner have SOD dealing with Alaba going forward on Tuesday.

7 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

That’s it for me. Horses for courses. Patterson aggressively winning the ball in their half and driving forward isn’t something that’s in SOD’s game, but I’d sooner have SOD dealing with Alaba going forward on Tuesday.

O'Donnell won the ball high up the park when we beat the 3rd string czech's 1-0 at Hampden.