Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Casper Sloth just wasn't given a fair crack of the whip, was he? 

I'm all in for us turning into a Scottish Premier League 98/99 select with a team full of Scandanavians. Sign me up. 

54 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Aw ffs, we all know what happened to Samson when he got his hair cut in the bible. 

Thankfully the bible is a lot of made up shîte, and I'm sure the big, rugged, handsome b*****d will be a stellar and much needed addition to our back line.

#welcomescandanavianprince

For a minute I thought you meant Craig Samson,  then I remembered  he got his hands cut off not his hair.

4 minutes ago, well_said said:

For a minute I thought you meant Craig Samson,  then I remembered  he got his hands cut off not his hair.

Tremendous

200.gif

Edited by Al B

May just be a turn of phrase but I noticed Alexander said we're talking to "a couple of clubs about a couple of players". Clearly we know one of them now but suggests that the 2nd player isn't a free agent either.

Incidentally, he's talking about players coming in and knocking those into the starting XI on to the bench. None of yer 12-18 recruitment patter for the bold #Grezza.

18 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

May just be a turn of phrase but I noticed Alexander said we're talking to "a couple of clubs about a couple of players". Clearly we know one of them now but suggests that the 2nd player isn't a free agent either.

Incidentally, he's talking about players coming in and knocking those into the starting XI on to the bench. None of yer 12-18 recruitment patter for the bold #Grezza.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58359561

If only he'd kept his mouth shut!

Any indication as to when he'll actually be able to play for us? The BBC article says that a deal has been agreed between the clubs but not with the player. And then there are the potential issues with the visa, and any possible quarantine. 

I suppose the international break has been timed quite nicely.

13 minutes ago, stu92 said:

Any indication as to when he'll actually be able to play for us? The BBC article says that a deal has been agreed between the clubs but not with the player. And then there are the potential issues with the visa, and any possible quarantine. 

I suppose the international break has been timed quite nicely.

When his boat arrives 

9EE0751D-9203-4DF5-8FC0-4CE20A444384.jpeg

On 27/08/2021 at 09:17, capt_oats said:

I'm still fairly sceptical about him but equally I'm looking around teams with our budget and struggling to see a player who's been signed or left who plays that role that I'd be up for us taking a punt on. Regan Hendry maybe? Shinnie?

At the risk of being a dick and quoting myself I'd now like to add Stephane Omeonga to that list.

Edited by capt_oats

I’m absolutely not convinced by Woolery. I’m not sure what he is meant to be offering us, not particularly quick, not particular skilful and not particularly good.

At least with Amaluzor there’s a bit of chaos about him but with Woolery I honestly don’t see anything. A three year deal at this point is concerning.

Also, anyone any idea where Lawless has been? Not complaining like but wonder if us bringing in Goss is a sign of him being on the outs.

I’m absolutely not convinced by Woolery. I’m not sure what he is meant to be offering us, not particularly quick, not particular skilful and not particularly good.

At least with Amaluzor there’s a bit of chaos about him but with Woolery I honestly don’t see anything. A three year deal at this point is concerning.

Also, anyone any idea where Lawless has been? Not complaining like but wonder if us bringing in Goss is a sign of him being on the outs.

Woolery at least got into positions to score vs Livi and Hibs. I’m not giving up on him yet but he needs to improve.

18 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I think he does have pace, but he doesn’t have a decision in him, when to pass or shoot? When to use his left foot rather than twisting his body to use his right.

The front three do not work as a unit, I think KVV with someone close to him would be more effective.

A win is a win.