Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

This is pretty much where I am.

Devine has one appearance off the bench and a pretty ropy loan spell at QoTS and has barely kicked a ball since what with the Pandemic and what not - I'd have thought he'd be out on loan at some point.

McGinley looks like he's considered a left back now and just as Crawford hasn't got off the bench since Airdrie, Toby's not had a minute since Annan.

O'Connor has been...fine but as I've said before I've a feeling that he's been brought in as cover rather than any grand designs on him being a first team regular. We signed him at a point where Lamie was the only fit centre back so we've given him a deal to see how he goes but mainly to allow him to play in the group games.

At the moment Donnelly is our only DM and O'Hara's a midfielder...he can probably cover at CB but I get the feeling we'd like to move away from Robboball and shifting players about the park.

Which pretty much leaves our first pick CB options as Ojala, Mugabi and Lamie. As I said, big Sondre looks like he plays in Lamie's area of the park so I'm strongly on the sign him up immediately bus.

I mean...look at him!

251896147_ScreenShot2021-08-16at14_31_26.thumb.png.b34c6769543b1d6b689b10035911c133.png

1975262953_ScreenShot2021-08-16at14_35_58.thumb.png.4a54915d9adf440c862997e1ae14a4c7.png

https://www.instagram.com/sondresolholm/

Damn him and his rugged good looks..

Now that it is public knowledge and there is a transfer fee involved I would rate our chances as ZERO. 
Nothing can be kept a secret these days.

Sounds just like what we need to keep Lamie and Mugabi as back up. So not getting my hopes up 🤷‍♂️

Unless his arrival in Scotland is to discuss anything other than a detailed scouting report he compiled on 5 available midfielders, I'm not interested.

As for the picture ..... parka, little white trunks, can of beer, what is the context of this? Covid isolation is reeking havoc and my loins are stirring.

It's no real consolation for getting bodied out the cup but the link with big Sondre is interesting from a recruitment POV.

He's started all 15 games with his club so far and played 100% of the minutes available and he's under contract until the January window (on account of whole summer football thing in Scandanavia).

Going by the numbers @thisGRAEME quoted off WyScout earlier in the thread is seems like he's actually quite...good? Albeit his team's 14th of 16 in the league at the moment.

969069266_ScreenShot2021-08-16at17_22_33.thumb.png.158e10cae21c6d27e1bc0e66845bbbb8.png

The general line of thinking is that at this stage of the window it's loans and free agents that we'd be looking at or players who aren't getting a game for their club.

This is pretty much the opposite of that - which given the whole "we'll take our time with recruitment" approach that's made it a tough start to the season is actually quite heartening if we actually are looking at players who on the face of it aren't absolute punts. The fact that he's mid-season and presumably match fit is a bonus too.

I'll not lie I kind of had the fear that was us done for the defence after we announced Ojala and we were looking at running with either Mugabi on the left of the pair (where he's not comfortable) or pinning our hopes on Lamie.

Assuming there's something in this and the guy who Tweeted it out isn't cashing in on our massive status for the #numbers then yeah it's...interesting. 

Alexander hinted that we were still looking outside the UK at players after we signed Ojala and in terms of profile it's doesn't actually feel that much of a stretch given we've already brought in Kelly, Ojala and Slattery who still had time on their contracts.

I mentioned it when we signed Ojala but I wonder if this is one that's been thrown up as a result of our involvement in the TransferRoom patter: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-hibs-motherwells-transferroom-ticket-24305484

Either way...Sign. Him. Up.

805392554_ScreenShot2021-08-16at17_52_41.thumb.png.266486d075947d92e07ab5648d9f8cb0.png

Edited by capt_oats

I genuinely haven't seen a better looking (potential) Motherwell player. Keith Lasley might need to accept runner up in the most handsome category for the first time in a while.

My missus hasn't been to a game for about 5 years and is talking about coming back. Get him signed up before Ladies Day and we can pay Galatasaray the full 7 million for Sofiane.

31 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

My missus hasn't been to a game for about 5 years and is talking about coming back. Get him signed up before Ladies Day and we can pay Galatasaray the full 7 million for Sofiane.

Everything about they 2 first lines made me laugh 😂