Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

After a quick Google search, my main take from that Twitter post is that Mjondalen play in BROWN and white...!! 🤨

Retro 70's Coventry strip aside...how many teams actually play wearing brown as a strip colour...?!!

St Pauli obvs.

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm quite up for a culturally Scandinavian centre back pairing

I'm quite up for us bringing in another centre back as I'm just not 100% sold on having one of Mugabi or Lamie as a nailed on starter. So while midfield is clearly a massive fucking priority if we're looking at another centre back then that's nice too as I wasn't sure it was likely to be on our agenda after Ojala was announced.

Yer man has been playing in the Norwegian top flight for the past 3 seasons and the first section of that near 10 minute video is "goals and assists" also in the "interceptions" section it looks like he's playing left side of the CB pair. So that seems like a positive.

Edited by capt_oats

10 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Yer man has been playing in the Norwegian top flight for the past 3 seasons and the first section of that near 10 minute video is "goals and assists". So that seems like a positive.

Reminds me of when we signed Peter Hartley and he had multiple YouTube compilations of his goal scoring exploits. 

I mean, I’d settle for one that was actually a competent defender but I do love a centre back that comes up and causes havoc at set pieces. 

Edited by Casagolda

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'm quite up for us bringing in another centre back as I'm just not 100% sold on having one of Mugabi or Lamie as a nailed on starter. So while midfield is clearly a massive fucking priority if we're looking at another centre back then that's nice too as I wasn't sure it was likely to be on our agenda after Ojala was announced.

Yer man has been playing in the Norwegian top flight for the past 3 seasons and the first section of that near 10 minute video is "goals and assists" also in the "interceptions" section it looks like he's playing left side of the CB pair. So that seems like a positive.

Highest in the league on interceptions last season, 11th per 90 minutes, most aerial duels, 9th per 90 minutes, 15th highest success rate for aerial duels in his own box, 70% success rate on defensive duels.

I know f**k all but these sound like positive things.

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Yer man has been playing in the Norwegian top flight for the past 3 seasons and the first section of that near 10 minute video is "goals and assists". So that seems like a positive.

@MotherwellFC Announce #SSJ

4 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Towering headers against 'RAN'.

Sold. Sign him immediately.

Just now, Casagolda said:

Reminds me of when we signed Peter Hartley and he had multiple YouTube compilations of his goal scoring exploits. 

I mean, I’d settle for one that was actually a competent defender but I do love a centre back that comes up and causes havoc at set pieces. 

I started watching that video very much with a "lol, culturally Scandanavian" mood and finished having seen 10 mins of interceptions and him spraying passes about from Ricki Lamie's position like....

giphy.gif

Feck me how many centre half’s do we need ???

By my reckoning that’s 6 … …    Lamie, Ojala, Mugabie, O’Conner, McGinley, Devine 

You could throw Donnelly and Maguire into the mix as well

granted the majority of them are shite but we are still paying them a wage

Every man and his dug can see we are desperately needing 2 midfielders in pronto ……… Have been for the last 2 years !!!!! 

22 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I reckon we need probably 2 less of the ones we have, and at least one more big Norweigian laddie.

This is pretty much where I am.

Devine has one appearance off the bench and a pretty ropy loan spell at QoTS and has barely kicked a ball since what with the Pandemic and what not - I'd have thought he'd be out on loan at some point.

McGinley looks like he's considered a left back now and just as Crawford hasn't got off the bench since Airdrie, Toby's not had a minute since Annan.

O'Connor has been...fine but as I've said before I've a feeling that he's been brought in as cover rather than any grand designs on him being a first team regular. We signed him at a point where Lamie was the only fit centre back so we've given him a deal to see how he goes but mainly to allow him to play in the group games.

At the moment Donnelly is our only DM and O'Hara's a midfielder...he can probably cover at CB but I get the feeling we'd like to move away from Robboball and shifting players about the park.

Which pretty much leaves our first pick CB options as Ojala, Mugabi and Lamie. As I said, big Sondre looks like he plays in Lamie's area of the park so I'm strongly on the sign him up immediately bus.

I mean...look at him!

251896147_ScreenShot2021-08-16at14_31_26.thumb.png.b34c6769543b1d6b689b10035911c133.png

1975262953_ScreenShot2021-08-16at14_35_58.thumb.png.4a54915d9adf440c862997e1ae14a4c7.png

https://www.instagram.com/sondresolholm/

Edited by capt_oats