Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Hello my Motherwell supporting friends. What’s the traffic like on the M74 during rush hour? I need to drive from Galloway to Perth in time for the SJFC game tonight. I could go my usual route which is via the A77 past Killie and through the centre of Glasgow or I can take the alternative route past Motherwell and onto the M73 - avoiding the centre of Glasgow etc. Just a bit worried as the traffic last Friday was a bit shite.

10 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Hello my Motherwell supporting friends. What’s the traffic like on the M74 during rush hour? I need to drive from Galloway to Perth in time for the SJFC game tonight. I could go my usual route which is via the A77 past Killie and through the centre of Glasgow or I can take the alternative route past Motherwell and onto the M73 - avoiding the centre of Glasgow etc. Just a bit worried as the traffic last Friday was a bit shite.

There is some Road works on the M74, especially near Motherwell where its 2 lanes in each direction for a short stretch. Also seen a few car crashes in the past few weeks. You might have some major delays so I would suggest checking Google maps or other services to see any live roadworks and potential delays.

15 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Just head now and make a day of it 

Aye, the 74 is a shitshow the now. You could probably miss out the worst of it by coming off at junction 8 (the works seem to start after this) and go the A71 up to the M8 at Newhouse and go either to the 73 that way or to the M90.

A quick google says that’s about a 20 min detour so it’s whether or not the roadworks will be worse than that at the time you’re heading

5 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Good to see Burrows playing hardball with this mob. 

I highly doubt we would be spending the turnbull plus loan money on a single player. What is the highest fee that we have paid for a player? It looks like it was for John Spencer in 1999 for £500,000.

Also maybe it's a bit of a miscommunication and we offered £400,000 and they assumed it was £4,000,000/€4,500,000?

This reminds of a recent game I played in yon Retro Football Manager game.  Went for the Motherwell 99/00 squad, sold Stevie Nicholas for £7.5m to St. Johnstone and used the proceeds to sign Nicolas Anelka for £4m from Real Madrid on £20k a week.

Kevin Twaddle couldn't believe his luck, firing in balls to big Nico for fun!

I have absolutely no idea what game big Zanzibar is playing here, but it sounds a right hoot. 

I see that's the bold Jon Obika saying we made a "late" bid for him.

In terms of timeline he was announced at Morecambe on 29th June, we announced van Veen on 2nd July although the Scunthorpe fan-site Iron Bru who first mentioned he was up here published their 'exclusive' on 23rd June.

In that respect it doesn't feel an either/or situation.

If it's the choice between Obika or big Kev then give me Budget Bergkamp all day, every day.

However do I think the squad, as it stands, could use an Obika-type? Absolutely.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I see that's the bold Jon Obika saying we made a "late" bid for him.

In terms of timeline he was announced at Morecambe on 29th June, we announced van Veen on 2nd July although the Scunthorpe fan-site Iron Bru who first mentioned he was up here published their 'exclusive' on 23rd June.

In that respect it doesn't feel an either/or situation.

If it's the choice between Obika or big Kev then give me Budget Bergkamp all day, every day.

However do I think the squad, as it stands, could use an Obika-type? Absolutely.

The same Jon Obika who we passed up on before then reckoned Manzinga was a better option?

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Good to see Burrows playing hardball with this mob. 

I don't mean to worry anyone but I checked this guys sources and they don't believe to be accurate. Concerning news.