Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 hours ago, supermarv said:

Don’t see the big issue of Lawless going to rangers games maybe in this circumstance he shouldn’t have as the football bubbles etc. As long as he’s not posting it all over social media or telling the press that’s what I don’t like, keep it private if he wants to go no issues.

the bit in bold is the issue for me. Someone was moaning recently that players are still under pretty strict conditions, so him showing up at a game with 1000's of others isn't a good look.

i remember a photo of Keith Lasley doing the rounds at the uefa cup final in Manchester. he wasn't smashing the place up but he was a bit worse for wear... and his hangover the next day must have been epic. No one would question his commitment to the Motherwell every time he stepped on the park.

10 minutes ago, True Dat said:

The players aren’t under any different rules to us. Freedom day was Monday. Also there was a handful of our 1st team players at the game last night.

218695409.jpg

Freedom Day is a bit Boris-y aye but I don't really have an issue with players going to busy stadiums/clubs etc. We're not exactly paying people enough to try and police every aspect of their personal lives are we? If my boss told me I couldn't go to Fir Park in case I had to isolate after and miss work they'd be getting told to f**k off.

28 minutes ago, True Dat said:

The players aren’t under any different rules to us. 

I thought that the JRG have said that footballers will still need to abide by tougher rules?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7511773/spfl-clubs-jrg-covid-social-distancing-rules-stay/

(Apols for the link to the Scum)

So - players can do what they want in their own time but the ramifications to our squad if they test positive are still tougher than a normal post-august 9th workplace if I'm understanding properly.

39 minutes ago, True Dat said:

Freedom day

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, Swello said:

I thought that the JRG have said that footballers will still need to abide by tougher rules?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7511773/spfl-clubs-jrg-covid-social-distancing-rules-stay/

(Apols for the link to the Scum)

So - players can do what they want in their own time but the ramifications to our squad if they test positive are still tougher than a normal post-august 9th workplace if I'm understanding properly.

giphy.gif

Yes the outside world is ‘free’ to do largely as it wishes including players.  This means the likelihood of a player contracting Covid has increased.  If physical distancing within the football club is dropped then that player will pass on the virus or at least be a close contact to many resulting in half a team going missing (like the Airdrie game).  So, yes, a bus each for away matches please.

3 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

There is a couple of turkish boys on twitter saying we are signing soufiane feghouli, that is probably the wildest Motherwell related rumour ever?

He can’t even get off the bench for St Johnstone’s bitches 

3 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

There is a couple of turkish boys on twitter saying we are signing soufiane feghouli, that is probably the wildest Motherwell related rumour ever?

It’s one I’ll certainly wait before I make any comment as it’s probably the wildest rumour I’ve seen for us but the power of this forum can’t be underestimated...

6 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Revenge mission against the fermers.

No chance this one comes to fruition but in any case #WelcomeSofiane

Edited by DeadStar

16 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

I'm already picturing the "I spoke to Nadir and he told me it was a great club" piece in the Record