Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, MP_MFC said:

Heads gone at him being in the COVID cesspit. I’d have thought players would be banned from going to games given they’re still under stricter protocols than the rest of us.

I never actually thought of that, a very valid point. With regards to him going to the game though, i couldnt care less, batter in. He's a fan like the rest of us, more than entitled to go and support his team. 

3 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Heads gone at him being in the COVID cesspit. I’d have thought players would be banned from going to games given they’re still under stricter protocols than the rest of us.

I dont expect players to pretend they are lifelong Motherwell fans but i do expect the professionalism from our players that includes not actively supporting our rivals. Hes a wee fanny

I dont expect players to pretend they are lifelong Motherwell fans but i do expect the professionalism from our players that includes not actively supporting our rivals. Hes a wee fanny

Same rules applied when it was Hendrie at parkhead.

Back to the SOD thing for me here.

I just want to say I have always thought he was average at best, I admit I probably expect a bit more from him but if he could get back to his best of "average" I'd fuckin love that.

Edited by Busta Nut

On Lawleff, it's not the first time he's been caught on camera there. It's happened before back when he was with either Thistle or Livi.

He's never hidden the fact that he's a raging ***.

However, if in the current climate he doesn't have enough about him to just buy a fucking subscription to Premier and watch it in the house then I'm all for getting the c**t launched tbqh.

Edited by capt_oats

Don’t see the big issue of Lawless going to rangers games maybe in this circumstance he shouldn’t have as the football bubbles etc. As long as he’s not posting it all over social media or telling the press that’s what I don’t like, keep it private if he wants to go no issues.

He's always seemed pretty unfazed by it. I'm sure I've seen him in the past telling people to unfollow him if they don't want to see him tweet about Rangers etc.

I only saw the still photo, I'm not 100% sure but it makes it look like he is in the first couple of rows. I thought he'd maybe be a bit wiser and if he was to go, sit somewhere he's not going to end up on TV.

I don't mind players of ours supporting other teams, it's natural that they will, but they can easily keep it to themselves. Unfortuantely we live in a culture these days where people can't have an opinion or interest in anything without feeling the need to plaster it all over the internet.

Don’t see any issue with any of the players going to watch the team they support. Cause the club pays his wages, they cannot dictate what they do in their spare time. The bed wetters  on here  need to get a life. 
As for his social media, if you don’t like his content then unfollow him…simples.  Guaranteed that the majority of  Scottish players in the squad support Celtic and Rangers and go to park head and ibrox often.

13 minutes ago, True Dat said:

Don’t see any issue with any of the players going to watch the team they support. Cause the club pays his wages, they cannot dictate what they do in their spare time. The bed wetters  on here  need to get a life. 
As for his social media, if you don’t like his content then unfollow him…simples.  Guaranteed that the majority of  Scottish players in the squad support Celtic and Rangers and go to park head and ibrox often.

I think people are quite rightly allowing their hatred of Rangers to cloud their judgement.

On 10/08/2021 at 12:29, capt_oats said:

Anyway, according to WhoScored? SOD had more touches of the ball (74), made more interceptions (5) and attempted more passes (58) than anyone else on the park

Any idea on his pass completion rate? I think he's been fine defensively, but biggest frustration for me is how predictably he gives the ball away now. Every time he's on the ball I'm just waiting for him to lose it these days. It might be that he tries the harder threaded passes, which is fine, but I can't recall many of them leading to decent chances for us. I really wish he'd just keep it simple.  

I think O'Donnell is a good / very good player for us, but I dunno if he's nackered. With only Johnstone and Grimshaw at RB just now I'm not sure what Alexander's plan is there. 

18 minutes ago, CoF said:

Any idea on his pass completion rate? I think he's been fine defensively, but biggest frustration for me is how predictably he gives the ball away now. Every time he's on the ball I'm just waiting for him to lose it these days. It might be that he tries the harder threaded passes, which is fine, but I can't recall many of them leading to decent chances for us. I really wish he'd just keep it simple.  

I think O'Donnell is a good / very good player for us, but I dunno if he's nackered. With only Johnstone and Grimshaw at RB just now I'm not sure what Alexander's plan is there. 

I don't, I'm sure the figures will be available on a platform like WyScout or whatever.

But aye, I can't imagine his completion rate is particularly good and I agree it kind of feels like that's where he falls down. It's also why I caveated my post by saying I don't know if he's maybe being hung out to dry by tactics. Like, if he was under instruction to clip the ball into the channel or the tactic is to land on 2nd balls but it's just being constantly mopped up by McCart or Gordon is it really his fault?

It felt to me that we were getting most joy when Slattery was getting on the ball in midfield and we were progressing it through the middle of the park. The goal being an excellent example of it working a treat. The point at which we seemed to fall out of the game after the St Johnstone goal felt like it coincided with us stopping trying to do that.

Edited by capt_oats