Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, ropy said:

They are going to sign a guy called Pako Rahut and say it’s what the fans wanted.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Samuel Osa?

A tremendous pair of signings to the #StartersAndSundriesXI 

Looking forward to P. Low-Rice adding some competition into the midfield. 

Interested to see how the "beyond level zero" announcement affects us. A seemingly automatic right to 5000 crowds would cover quite a lot of our home games without a need for increased capacity requests. I guess the main test is when Rangers and Celtic come calling but as that won't happen until October, it's not worth worrying about.

AS we've got a precedent of 6.5k, I think we'll be completely fine but as a regular at away games, I'm more concerned that the idea of being able to exclude away supporters has already taken hold and will be a regular thing until restrictions really are abandoned. 

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

Interested to see how the "beyond level zero" announcement affects us. A seemingly automatic right to 5000 crowds would cover quite a lot of our home games without a need for increased capacity requests. I guess the main test is when Rangers and Celtic come calling but as that won't happen until October, it's not worth worrying about.

AS we've got a precedent of 6.5k, I think we'll be completely fine but as a regular at away games, I'm more concerned that the idea of being able to exclude away supporters has already taken hold and will be a regular thing until restrictions really are abandoned. 

Does the end to social distancing not put an end to the capped attendances? I never heard the announcement so not sure how loosely to take the phrase. 

3 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Does the end to social distancing not put an end to the capped attendances? I never heard the announcement so not sure how loosely to take the phrase. 

No - there's an exception for outdoor events over 5k and indoor events over 2k but it doesn't seem to be totally linked to distancing alone. Permission will be up to local authorities but I can't honestly see that it will be an issue for us over the next period as NLC were already pretty accommodating for Sunday when we were still in Level 0.

28 minutes ago, Swello said:

No - there's an exception for outdoor events over 5k and indoor events over 2k but it doesn't seem to be totally linked to distancing alone. Permission will be up to local authorities but I can't honestly see that it will be an issue for us over the next period as NLC were already pretty accommodating for Sunday when we were still in Level 0.

I took it that they were just keen that venues were still taking things seriously at crowds over 5000 and they needed to lay out their intentions.

Cannot see it being an issue for us.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

A wee Motherwell mention from Nixon earlier.

Presumably related to this.

We were advertising for an assistant S&C coach last month going by Boles' Twitter.

Yeah probably correct there with the Fitness coach/ S&C as he has been at Preston and Salford with GA.

According to the Record both us and Hibs are in for Jimmy.

"Saints manager Jim Goodwin was reported to be considering a move to lure the Scotland Under-21 ace back north.

But Record Sport understands the Buddies boss will not be following up with a firm offer.

Now Scott’s hopes of regular action lie with Motherwell and Hibs making a move.

Hull are keen to recoup as much of the cash they splashed out on the forward as possible but for now a loan looks like the youngster’s most likely option."

IMG_7440.jpg

Edited by capt_oats

I wasn't fully in the Jimmy Scott/Jordan Roberts camp before Sunday but I am now. I think Woolery, Amaluzor and Lawless all have something to offer (probably in descending order of usefulness) but you could definitely tell we lacked a quality forward option off the bench in the second half.

You’d fancy Hibs could afford to cover a higher % of Jimmy’s wages (who knows though cos we are massive now), but I wonder if there’s a wee deal to be done that could involve scrapping some of our potential future adds ons included in the original sale to Hull that could strengthen our hand.