Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

We'll be fine this season. A few of today's starting XI properly up to speed (Slattery, van Veen) and a couple of extra additions and we'll be fine. 

We might need another no.9 to fill in for KVV in the 10 games he'll miss through suspension this season... what a lad! 

Motherwell fans: clapping Jamie Murphy off the park.
Same Motherwell fans: leaving before the end.

Absolute footie pyjama wearing bedwetters.

We’re going to be fine this year, little bit box office tae. We just need a coupla extra bodies to have any sort of plan B option as I’m fairly sure KVV as an attacking mid isn’t ideal.

All things considered Bevis was very good, looking forward to seeing him and Ojala.

Result aside, how good was it to be back in Fir Park today?

The Hunter Stand was looking great, the sun was shining and the pitch was immaculate, we got a great game and I could see loads of people grinning from ear to ear at being back in the ground.

Also, get the pie stalls open, everyone ends up queuing for water anyway so it’s totally pointless.

21 minutes ago, beesher said:

Result aside, how good was it to be back in Fir Park today?

The Hunter Stand was looking great, the sun was shining and the pitch was immaculate, we got a great game and I could see loads of people grinning from ear to ear at being back in the ground.

Fucking magic eh?

The auld girl is looking good with a bit of TLC. And the tonnoys that you can hear too. A magical experience.

I'd normally be raging after losing 3-2 but in all reality, it was great being back, watching fitba in the flesh. And on a personal note, took my wee fella to his first game...

tenor.gif

Edited by The_Craig

Well, after the fixtures were announced, I wrote off the Uibs game and but any importance to the Dundee, St Johnstone and Livingston games this month. Hoepfully we can build on this performance and win most of the one games which should provide a great base going forward.

Also make sure Carroll doesn't lose the plot which he could have been sent off for today.

We'll be fine this season. A few of today's starting XI properly up to speed (Slattery, van Veen) and a couple of extra additions and we'll be fine. 
We might need another no.9 to fill in for KVV in the 10 games he'll miss through suspension this season... what a lad! 
Really impressed with KVV. Great touch, huge and likes clattering people- definite bit of the Higdons about him.

I think we need a vote on whether he's going to get more goals or yellow cards. Both could easily be in double figures.

Guest superward
1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Motherwell fans: clapping Jamie Murphy off the park.
Same Motherwell fans: leaving before the end.

Absolute footie pyjama wearing bedwetters.

I clapped him but stayed to the end. Sorry if that mucks up your system. 

Murphy was a great servant, +150 games, 10 years at the club and left in the right manner. Shame we didn't get more for him but that was on the club - awful transfer decisions at that time. 

Edited by superward

5 minutes ago, superward said:

Murphy was a great servant, +150 games, 10 years at the club and left in the right manner. Shame we didn't get more for him but that was on the club - awful transfer decisions at that time. 

Said it in the match thread but I feel really bad for him tbh. He was an excellent player for us for a fairly long period of time and managed to make a fist of it down south. Thought he was getting his dream move and his knee absolutely fell to bits. 

Looks so, painfully, off the pace of the game now. 

Guest superward
2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Said it in the match thread but I feel really bad for him tbh. He was an excellent player for us for a fairly long period of time and managed to make a fist of it down south. Thought he was getting his dream move and his knee absolutely fell to bits. 

Aye, said similar myself. 

4 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

May as well not boo him as there is 101% chance that he'll end up at Fir Park after his Hibs contract before seeing out his days coaching our youngsters on how to cut inside and beat the keeper from the edge of the box.

Today was so weird in a lot of ways - I walked out with a smile on my face after a loss and (as @Desp alluded to in the match thread) - I was almost emotional listening to folk shouting a lot of shite about time wasting, stealing yards at throw-ins and slaughtering the referee, even on the rare occasion he got something right. 

Didn't boo Murphy as I never actually rated him as a Motherwell player. 

Also didn't clap him off as, well, he's a Hibs player. 

What was he saying on Twitter? Seen a 'Well fan I follow going back and forth with him but he blocked me years ago as I had a go at him for taking a shite penalty against Aberdeen years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

Didn't boo Murphy as I never actually rated him as a Motherwell player. 

Also didn't clap him off as, well, he's a Hibs player. 

What was he saying on Twitter? Seen a 'Well fan I follow going back and forth with him but he blocked me years ago as I had a go at him for taking a shite penalty against Aberdeen years ago. 

The bit I saw was him saying that it was always special playing at Fir Park and on the booing he said it's part of the game and he's got no hard feelings about it, which seems fair enough..