Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Bit disappointed in this. I spoke to ticket office regards my sons season ticket and was asking about public sale, they expect a very small amount to be available so if that’s the case we are giving tickets to Hibs that could be bought by payg well fans. Could we not have given Hibs the Cooper and used south for home fans this along more in ?
Sod that. I have a season ticket in the Cooper I don't want moved just because someone who wants to patg decides they want a ticket.

14 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I’m going to take a punt at Ross Forbes. Scored twice against Flamurtari, once against Steaua Bucharest and then one against Bredablik the following season. Four in total.

Don't give me your 'taking a punt' patter. You've definitely got a spreadsheet... 

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

While we're on Robinson, his son going from being in and around our squad and getting Europa League minutes to signing for Clyde then patching football altogether to move to Dubai within a year isn't a great look for him in hindsight.

If there is one thing I value in this thread (besides the names of good ghee suppliers) is that other people keep tabs on absolute foot-note no-mark ex-players so that I don't have to :)

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Where has is been shown it's 6500? All I've seen is 4500. 

Curious as Hearts are still stuck at 3000 and crowds like that would surely mean we can get a bigger crowd for the Celtic game.

Hearts shouldn't be allowed any fans unless they promise not to charge fucking ridiculous amounts of pounds to get in.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

If you are feeling disappointed, spare a thought for us who for some fucking reason, are likey to still only be getting a crowd of 1,000 vs Hearts with no reasonable explanation given.

Paisley, Shitehole lego stadium init?

There is a sure fire way to get a ticket for Sunday PATG guys...

Costs about £330 (min) and guarantees you a seat.

Spoiler

(I know folk can't always afford it, or make it to every game etc but that's the point in STs)

I've had season tickets on/off for years based on geographically/work situations at different times so I'm not doing some "season ticket= über fan" thing or anything, but it does seem weird to complain about not getting in without a season ticket in this season of all seasons. People are well within their rights to not get one for whatever reason they want but surely it was obvious that for as long as there are capacity restrictions it would be hard to guarantee anything?

3 minutes ago, scmwell said:

Not complaining about not getting in due to not having a season ticket, just a bit disappointed that away fans are getting priority above some home fans who patg.

I get that, am I'm aware I'm absolutely selfish and I'm buzzing for it just being a normal football match.

I am not sure. I understand the annoyance of possibly missing out but we've a massive away stand where no one has their season tickets so we might as much sell as many as possible.

(I am up for giving the OF nothing)

(oh and Hearts, Those ticket prices fae years ago really sting)

Guest superward
8 hours ago, scmwell said:

Not complaining about not getting in due to not having a season ticket, just a bit disappointed that away fans are getting priority above some home fans who patg.

Not sure that is the case though. General sale will happen. 

I imagine anyone who wants a ticket for us will get one. Unfortunately, I'm away for the weekend and I will miss it, so there's one season ticket holder down and at this point in the summer, I'm sure there will be many more like me so I can't see any issue with numbers.

There will be some fans of ours who go to cup finals and European games who think that the club shouldn't give Hibs any tickets, just incase at 4 o'clock on Sunday they decide they might want to wander along.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I can’t get my around why a club who have done so much good stuff for their fans, gets permission to have 6500 into a match and gives 2000 of these tickets to the away fans. Bizarre.

We played Hibs at Fir Park twice in the 2019/20 season and both times, including away fans, the attendance was less than 6,000 so it makes perfect sense to me.

It would take a very special occasion for us to get those numbers in our own right I'm afraid. After a season of no crowds and giving fans their season tickets for free, I would probably say it would be financially negligent to potentially miss out on 2,000 ticket sales in case any day trippers want to come out of the woodwork.

I'm fairly certain that every Motherwell fan who wants a ticket for the game on Sunday will get one.

Spot on, Joe. Couldn't have put it better myself. If you're telling me you could have an extra 2000 Motherwell fans there, who are the type who only turn up for Cup Finals and the like, or 2000 Hibs ST holders in the away end, it's the latter everytime. 

A football game always has a better atmosphere with a decent away crowd anyway. 

4000-4500 Motherwell fans is about right. That's just the reality of what we are. As has been mentioned, any of the regulars who have always been PATG will get a ticket for Sunday if they really want one.