Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Someone on SO mentioned Lewis MacLeod is still available, local lad, sort of player that we’d definitely be looking at. Don’t know if there was anything in it but a midfield of him and Slattery would be exciting with Donnelly or Maguire sitting. 

25 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Someone on SO mentioned Lewis MacLeod is still available, local lad, sort of player that we’d definitely be looking at. Don’t know if there was anything in it but a midfield of him and Slattery would be exciting with Donnelly or Maguire sitting. 

Is Macleod's USP not that he's a sicknote who gets injured in bizarre ways? Like tripping over a twig.

Obviously he had his hype when he bailed from Rangers to Brentford to help them keep the lights on but is he actually any good?

An away tie to Dundee awaits in the next round of the League Cup. 

Home draw would have been better and despite being a tough tie it genuinely is no worse than the ties we have had when we have been one of the seeded teams 🤷‍♂️

I’d take McNulty but would kinda overload us up front. Having said that with the big handsome Finish guy next. After they 2 (if McNulty is true) id say we still possibly need a left sided defender and another quality midfielder then that would be us. Still plenty of time left in the window so I suspect if we had to bring in another defender and midfielder it would most likely be later in the window on loans etc.

9 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

McNulty makes quite a lot of sense.

Combination of him/Watt/KVV/Woolery/Amaluzor/Lawleff actually gives us a bit of depth (I really don’t want Lawleff to play much, if poss…)

We get the Finnish dude and a left Winger and I think that’d be ok.

Also forgetting Shields so we have plenty options in those areas. If anything we required an out an out winger like Jordan Roberts. When the Finnish guy signs for me next priority is another midfielder.

Edited by supermarv

Was about too mention Connor Shields but supermarv beat me too it. I had high hopes for him. Featured in the Championship Team of the year last season. Double digit goals from 28 appearances is none too shabby. 

Conversely McNulty only scored 3 goals from 20+ appearances for DDee United last season. Would be a surprise  as we do seem to have options up front. Still seems quite random to be made up..in saying that and on the face of it - it would be a decent signing. 

Edited by welldaft