Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Is it possible to buy tickets together? Seems you need to buy a single ticket under each account which would suggest no. Would like to go but if I need to sit socially distanced on my own I'll just do it on my couch

Edited by Geedub-MFC

Is it possible to buy tickets together? Seems you need to buy a single ticket under each account which would suggest no. Would like to go but if I need to sit socially distanced on my own I'll just do it on my couch

Free seating? Sure that’s what it says on the email

Managed to get a ticket for Airdrie, #500 odd so if anyone is interested there appears to be a couple of hundred left. At £12 a pop I'm sure they will be sold out in the next few days.

I wonder what propa nutters will be out in force in Airdrie town centre on Wednesday evening. As much as Airdrie are scum they did make me laugh with this one at Hearts last year. Looking forward to see what selection of banner they have in store..

image.png.242833b93cacb029bfe1a022ffe9f2eb.png

Oh aye?

The new one-year contract extension for the assistant manager brings him in line with manager Graham Alexander and fellow assistant Chris Lucketti."

Link

IIRC the club didn't announce the term of Alexander's contract at the time. Seeing as Lasley's deal was up next summer that puts all three on 2023 expiries.

Edited by capt_oats

10 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

Free seating? Sure that’s what it says on the email

Yeah our games have been quite relaxed in terms of seating so far so I wouldn’t worry about it. Some seats have a sticker for where you can sit distanced from others, as long as you’re generally near one and not taking the piss no one is too bothered. Even our play-off game in May was a sit where you want deal. They don’t seem too fussed if you sit with people either, as long as you’re generally distanced from other groups.

I’ve no idea what the coaching set up/dynamic is with Lucketti and Las, but I had a feeling he’d maybe be away this season if he got a crack at a managers job in the Championship/big League One side given he’s (by all accounts) applied for our top gig a couple of times and now finds himself not even in the dugout during matches.

I’m delighted he’s staying though. Love the guy.

56 minutes ago, dezz said:

I’ve no idea what the coaching set up/dynamic is with Lucketti and Las, but I had a feeling he’d maybe be away this season if he got a crack at a managers job in the Championship/big League One side given he’s (by all accounts) applied for our top gig a couple of times and now finds himself not even in the dugout during matches.

Without knowing anything about the actual set up or dynamic it'd feel like a logical move for shift Lasley into Mo Ross' role (the one he had pre-pandemic). Obviously Lucketti's come in and on the face of it looks like Alexander's assistant in a traditional sense with Lasley presumably offering a support role but both Ross and O'Carroll have left so depending on what's happening with the Reserves etc next season there's still a gap there and given Hammell and Clarkson's roles Academy side Lasley would feel like The Natural Bridge (a little nod for Silver Jews fans there) between Academy and First team.

It's a bit of a reprise of the discussion after he took the team for the Accies game at New Year in so much as Lasley, for all his qualities and time spent coaching alongside various managers, doesn't have much by way of actual experience in managing a team be it Reserves or otherwise. He was Craigan's assistant with the 20s, Robinson's assistant with the first team and now Alexander's assistant assistant.

As I say, I'm saying that knowing absolutely nothing but the role Mo Ross had with the Reserves would be a fit for him IMO.

Edited by capt_oats

Lasley talking a bit about his role. This is essentially what Ross was being asked to do on a matchday wasn't it (going by the Inside Motherwell video that went up)?

'Well boss Alexander brought Chris Lucketti with him when he took charge in January and Lasley detailed how his job is slightly different on a matchday.

The 41-year-old said: "Naturally, it ebbs and flows in terms of defining exactly what your role might bring.

"I'll be in the stands with the fans tomorrow as I've got a little bit more of a birds eye view on a Saturday.

"It's about seeing the game differently from up there and bringing that perspective to the dugout - that's a little different from before.

"Without going too far into it on a day-to-day basis, that's an example of my role has changed on a matchday."

Link

Spoiler

Edited by capt_oats

Guest superward
6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Mich'el Parker signs a 6 month deal.

Interesting one. He's been at some decent clubs so must have been fancied to be a decent option more than once. 

If he comes in an cements someone, SoD on Grealish style,  within a few minutes I'm right on board. 

Not announced at 6pm. Caught me by surprise that one.  Must do better.

Edited by superward

3 minutes ago, superward said:

Interesting one. He's been at some decent clubs so must have been fancied to be a decent option more than once. 

Not announced at 6pm. Caught me by surprise that one.  Must do better.

I'll not lie I genuinely LOL'd at the most "damned by faint praise" quote I've ever read in the PR that went out with the announcement:

“Mich’el has been training with us for a while now and shown a gradual improvement,” :lol:

It's a 6 month deal so absolutely fair fucks. He seems to have been around the club for ages so it feels like a more formal trial.

Interesting we're calling him a defensive midfielder as his youth career seems to have had him as centre back.

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'll not lie I genuinely LOL'd at the most "damned by faint praise" quote I've ever read in the PR that went out with the announcement:

“Mich’el has been training with us for a while now and shown a gradual improvement,” :lol:

Same. One of the best bits of expectation management ever. He'll make a square pass tomorrow and we'll all be giving it the 8/10's tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Same. One of the best bits of expectation management ever. He'll make a square pass tomorrow and we'll all be giving it the 8/10's tomorrow night.

Absolutely no harm to big Mich'el (I've literally never seen him play) but there's a huge Lee Lucas energy here. It's similar to when we signed Lucas up on a short term deal to allow us to play him in the Betfred games.

Given he's been around the club for ages it feels like we took a look at Robbie Crawford getting absolutely done as a DM by Liam Brown on Wednesday and have decided to chuck Parker a short term contract that allows him to play with Donnelly coming back from injury and O'Hara seemingly unavailable.

Edited by capt_oats