Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Has anyone gotten anything regarding the League cup home games? I still haven't recieved any news and they did state that the new would come out today.

I filled out the surveymonkey form as I could only get a ticket for me but not the 2 weans. Had a phone call from one of the girls in the office who was very helpful and would help sort me out. 

I'm sure everyone who applied will get a ticket for one of the games.

14 hours ago, The_Craig said:

I filled out the surveymonkey form as I could only get a ticket for me but not the 2 weans. Had a phone call from one of the girls in the office who was very helpful and would help sort me out. 

I'm sure everyone who applied will get a ticket for one of the games.

Isn't the Queen of the South game before the restrictions lifted? Its the 19th when we can have 2000 fans but the game is on the 17th so it would result in a maximum of 500? I havent heared anything about exceptions for clubs and I doubt the SG would allow it.

Seems we have offered one of the trialists a contract. The rest are still a work in progress or not. 

Another 4 or 5 to cover for Covid 🤔. More like to cover for some very average players in central defence and midfield !!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-boss-wants-five-six-24522124

Edited by welldaft

On the tickets thing. It's a bit daft leaving things this late. I can only make Saturday's game so I will need to see if that's what I get, If not I need to see what the process of the swap thing that is being chatted about. Then the missus is working on sat so I need to arrange childcare.

Some carry on.

Guest superward

Payment deducted from my account just there. So I'm thinking we will hear today after the Scot Gov announcement around 2ish perhaps.

Guest superward

Given the quick turn around it's surely easier to do refunds when and where required compared to contacting everyone to see if they can make the match. I can only make one too - but I'm fine with the approach. 

Will be easy enough to get it refunded I'm sure - always been very good to deal with in the ticket office.

Edited by superward

They did state on the email/we page that they would take payment straight away if you were successful so I assume that I have been.

The issue is that the Queen of the South game on Saturday 17th is before the restrictions are lifted, so technically we should only have between 500-1000 at max. Its only the games after this that should have 2000 fans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57571009

"The new baseline limit will apply in the fourth round of the League Cup group stage and Scottish clubs' European qualifiers.

It also means the SPFL league season should be able to begin at the end of July with fans in grounds.

For matches between now and then - in the League Cup and pre-season friendlies - a maximum of 1000 and a minimum of 250 can be accommodated, depending on local restrictions"

They did state on the email/we page that they would take payment straight away if you were successful so I assume that I have been.
The issue is that the Queen of the South game on Saturday 17th is before the restrictions are lifted, so technically we should only have between 500-1000 at max. Its only the games after this that should have 2000 fans.

"The new baseline limit will apply in the fourth round of the League Cup group stage and Scottish clubs' European qualifiers.

It also means the SPFL league season should be able to begin at the end of July with fans in grounds.

For matches between now and then - in the League Cup and pre-season friendlies - a maximum of 1000 and a minimum of 250 can be accommodated, depending on local restrictions"

We’ve already got an extension to 2000 fans from NL council. Or at least that’s the impression I got from the club.

Guest superward
1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Yeah, I wasn't surprised to see if coming out having read that prior.  Happy to see it in fact! 

19 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

We’ve already got an extension to 2000 fans from NL council. Or at least that’s the impression I got from the club.

Yeah, it sounds like it but I haven't actually seen any confirmation. If it means I get a ticket then I don't mind.