Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

As everyone's said...it's a Livi shirt innit.

I mean, it's fine. It's not exactly a vintage year but they've really just changed the colours of the 15/16 away shirt and added a bit of fading to the pinstripes. And I liked the 15/16 away shirt. So there's that.

I'll buy it at some point because I'm an absolute fucking simp (and also we generally use white or black shirts as colours for our 7s games)

E5oPO7WXEAcNqSY?format=jpg&name=large

motherwell-2015-2016-macron-away-footbal

One thing that could have instantly  improved that kit is if it actually was Livi's and we'd punted the model back there....

It's a no from me, I'm afraid. All for experimenting and changing things up, but not getting a 'Motherwell' feel from it at all.

Not a fan of the away top at all.

I generally don’t like us in black away kits - the Skippy Sunday top gets a pass because of the claret sash - but I always feel black away tops just aren’t very ‘Motherwell-y’.

15 minutes ago, dezz said:

Not a fan of the away top at all.

I generally don’t like us in black away kits - the Skippy Sunday top gets a pass because of the claret sash - but I always feel black away tops just aren’t very ‘Motherwell-y’.

That kit was abysmal. Sashes on kits look weird, unless it's Peru.

So instead of Pals of Declan signing for us, they're designing our kit now? 

That said, I like the details on the inside collar. Also, the black and amber well badge looks very modern. But aye, heavy Livingston vibes from it. 

I like it. 

2 minutes ago, The_Craig said:

So instead of Pals of Declan signing for us, they're designing our kit now? 

That said, I like the details on the inside collar. Also, the black and amber well badge looks very modern. But aye, heavy Livingston vibes from it. 

I like it. 

Having looked at the detail on the club instagram I'm switching from it looking like a Livi kit to Wolves.

E5oqaf9X0AYfRVA?format=jpg&name=900x900

That's three kits in a row that have had sweet FA to do with the club as far as I'm concerned

• This homage to Livi
  • The turquoise training kits I'd expect to see at Easter Road 
  • The blue one for the women's team (for charity)

The club colours are Claret and Amber, additionally White (and recently blue semi-acceptable) By all means play about with these, alter the shades, introduce grey's or silvers as neutral colours etc.

I hope Provan or the club notice this, stop trying to be too cute.

7 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I actually quite like it. I'm sound with the home kit being traditional with the design/colours/badges but go nuts on the away one imo.

Still holding out for the Dortmund-esque hi-viz.

This…

I have plenty of Claret and Amber tops including the odd home top. But I have probably bought 4 away kits to every home top. I liked the Petrol blue top from last season. The non sponsor (Paddy Power) white top from two seasons ago.

I like this top and think it looks smart. A lot better than skippy Sunday sash effort and the Edinburgh rugby macron from a few seasons back. I will be buying it now I can see it is Amber and not yellow 🙂

8 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I actually quite like it. I'm sound with the home kit being traditional with the design/colours/badges but go nuts on the away one imo.

Still holding out for the Dortmund-esque hi-viz.

Just realised how great this would be with luminous yellow instead of Amber.

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I wondered about alternate claret and Amber stripes but maybe you wouldn't see the claret against the black.

... could have made some slightly broader stripes with the claret between amber?

I'm not a great fan of this strip either.  It's inoffensive, but It looks like a 'template' job rather than something carefully crafted to inspire us / empty our wallets.
Looking at the 'strips' thread it seems other teams' fans are more enamoured with it than most of us are - probably because so many of theirs are so horrible :)

My cupboards and drawers are overflowing with footy kit (some of it looking rather stretched these days, but I can't quite bring myself to chuck any of them away) so I'm quite pleased to give this years stuff a miss, but I guess it'll be a big hit to the club finances if everyone else feels a bit 'meh' about the offerings.  How much income do the strips (or the club shop) generate?

I think it is a really smart strip but doubt it’s Motherwell credentials.  It is ideal for me for the fives.

The aim of a second strip is to be different from the first so mission accomplished and if people aren’t keen it is probably for one season only then ‘we go again’.