Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

52 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

If the names in that Record article are correct they possibly account for 4 of the trialists: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-target-four-summer-signings-24383277

King (GK)
O'Connor (CB)
Muscatt (MF)
Harrison (ST)

plus Ness who we already knew about c/o Busta.

@Onthefringes had mentioned an ex-Liverpool youth we've had about the place. If it's the person I'm thinking about (going purely by him following a ton on our squad of recent past, present (and possibly future) on IG) he was also at Arsenal, Millwall, West Ham and MK Dons (for varying lengths of time) and is a centre back.

Which leaves the trialist from the 2nd half side who going by the teamlines was playing RB.

What’s the name of this young ex Liverpool centre half?

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

If the names in that Record article are correct they possibly account for 4 of the trialists: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/motherwell-target-four-summer-signings-24383277

King (GK)
O'Connor (CB)
Muscatt (MF)
Harrison (ST)

plus Ness who we already knew about c/o Busta.

@Onthefringes had mentioned an ex-Liverpool youth we've had about the place. If it's the person I'm thinking about (going purely by him following a ton on our squad of recent past, present (and possibly future) on IG) he was also at Arsenal, Millwall, West Ham and MK Dons (for varying lengths of time) and is a centre back.

Which leaves the trialist from the 2nd half side who going by the teamlines was playing RB.

It was the 4 I said have been in from the start of the week and Woolery was the 5th but he signed later that day. 
The player from Luton could be the Londoner that could be joining on loan until January. 
The other trialist ex West Ham and Liverpool etc. Is someone called Mi’chel Parker.

Going down the looking at Instagram followers rabbit hole while my breakfast is cooking, and that liverpool guy follows van veen. We are going to sign him, and about 300 other people. I love transfer sleuthing 🙂

14 minutes ago, supermarv said:

The player from Luton could be the Londoner that could be joining on loan until January. 

Are you talking about @Ludo*1's post at the top of the page re: a Luton player? You know he's talking about Dundee there right?

Edited by capt_oats

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Are you talking about @Ludo*1's post at the top of the page re: a Luton player? You know he's talking about Dundee there right?

How dare anyone question the great ITKMarv? utterly shameful. Burrows must condemn this etc

59 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Difficult to take anyone seriously that writes “of went”. 

Michael Stewart talks like that when he is on sportscene,  frequently saying should of instead of have , and he gets paid as well.

10 minutes ago, well_said said:

Michael Stewart talks like that when he is on sportscene,  frequently saying should of instead of have , and he gets paid as well.

When speaking, "should've" and "should of" sound very similar, which is presumably why so many people write it incorrectly.

The one that always boils my piss is when some twat in a Facebook group puts a "Chester Draws" up for sale.

1 hour ago, ZX1886 said:

Players have been back for one week and I’m already asking: what the hell was Robbie Crawford doing at that goal?

I cannae mind if it was on here I said it but Crawford is the most nearly football player there is. Nearly makes a pass. Nearly wins a tackle.

He's no for me.

Definitely helpful of Dumbarton to put up footage of the goal.

You, a rational person: What the f**k is Robbie Crawford all about...?

Me, an idiot: Who's the "trialist" playing centre forward for us? (It's not the clearest of footage but I'd say given it looks like a beardy white guy it's not Shayon Harrison, as previously suggested)

Spoiler

This is Shayon Harrison btw.

Large

Edited by capt_oats

7 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

Players have been back for one week and I’m already asking: what the hell was Robbie Crawford doing at that goal?

I think the thing to do is blame O’Donnell.

And there you have it...

Carson had mentioned before that Robinson had made allowances for him so as a move back to Hartlepool makes total sense given his circumstances:

“Other managers can promise you this and that but the gaffer here, Robinson, has never once denied me the chance to go to my daughter’s parents meetings, Christmas plays or stuff like that.

“Sometimes you’re not always that lucky at clubs, so that was a massive part for me signing.

“The gaffer understands the personal side of me having a daughter in Newcastle from a previous marriage.

“We are footballers but first and foremost we’re family people as well.

“Since I moved up here three years ago (from Hartlepool United) I get my daughter every Friday, which is not ideal with a game on the Saturday. So I’ll travel down. The manager will sometimes let me crack on a bit earlier on a Friday after training to go and pick her up.

“I don’t travel all the way to Newcastle. To be fair my ex-wife’s quite good, she’ll meet me a wee bit nearer.

“And then on a Monday, the players are usually in (training) but he lets me report at 12 because I stay down in Newcastle on a Sunday night and take my daughter to school on a Monday morning.

“That was a big part of me signing for Motherwell, I didn’t want to miss taking my daughter to school otherwise I would have stayed down in Hartlepool."

Link

Also, Hartlepool were due a sizeable sell on if he moved so him going back there on a free just writes that off and they've just been promoted as well.

Edited by capt_oats

Guest superward
4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Definitely helpful of Dumbarton to put up footage of the goal.

You, a rational person: What the f**k is Robbie Crawford all about...?

Me, an idiot: Who's the "trialist" playing centre forward for us? (It's not the clearest of footage but I'd say given it looks like a beardy white guy it's not Shayon Harrison, as previously suggested)

Reveal hidden contents

This is Shayon Harrison btw.

Large

I'm more concerned that our goalie there is wearing joggies by the looks of it. 

Awful business. 

Edited by superward