Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So will big Dec be back in training until the end of June? Surely he used all his holiday days earlier this year.

I see holding all the cards resulted in one 90 minute bench appearance.

seinfeld whatever GIF

On 22/06/2021 at 10:02, superward said:

Same, love it during the boring weeks of off sesson. All to see a no. 34 play all our opening games.

News: Crawford is 20, was 8. 

Bumped. 

#Numberpolis

Going by the OS that's Woolery got O'Hara's #7 and O'Hara's taken #8.

18 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

What defines "who the f**k is that?" territory.

Maybe when I was a bit younger and more of a football manager addict it would have been different, but I have rarely heard of any English lower league players when they are linked with us, unless they have played in Scotland before. I'm sure most of us are the same.

I realise I'm maybe parroting the spiel on the OS about Woolery but having also had a foot in the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ camp a quick look at his career history shows he seems to have bounced around clubs at Championship level without actually breaking through (Bolton, Wigan) before finding his feet at Swindon (who paid £350k for him) on a shree year deal, getting 100+ games out him then moving on to Tranmere where he ended up last season with 1 in 4 (which seems alright for a wide player).

Absolutely none of that suggests whether he'll be good one way or another but it seems a bit less of a punt to me than it did yesterday when his name was first mentioned. I mean, he's got over 200 career appearances:

1784781986_ScreenShot2021-06-23at10_41_28.thumb.png.e227027fc4587d07d861eff50c3794f0.png

For comparison Chrissy Long is the same age and is on 199.

Edited by capt_oats

I reckon Amaluzor is only here due to being a fairly cheap option, when we probably don't have many wingers coming through our youth system who could play backup to the first team. The lack of reserve football last season probably has a lot to do with that.

Woolery on the other hand, for me, is a probable starter. I'm not going to go overboard with excitement, but he arrives at us at a similar that Marvin Johnson did, having played at a higher level with better stats.

As I've done every window since he's left, I'm wondering whether there's any chance of McKinstry pitching up on loan for a bit. Contracted until 2023 at Leeds, and a lot of promising noises.

Based on nothing, he's just Motherwell as f**k.

13 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I spent the afternoon convinced I'd heard the name Kaiyne Woolery before, then I realised it was actually The Fault In Our Stars actress Shailene Woodley I was thinking of. Boom Clap! indeed.

Also known as Aaron Rodgers' fiance. Her best work was Snowden, imo. Divergent was just awful.

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

Also known as Aaron Rodgers' fiance. Her best work was Snowden, imo. Divergent was just awful.

Was there not a big fuss about Rodgers trying to engineer a trade because of her or something?

He thought he could be the new Jeopardy! presenter.

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Was there not a big fuss about Rodgers trying to engineer a trade because of her or something?

He thought he could be the new Jeopardy! presenter.

They both have California ties so the rumor was he wanted to get to the San Francisco team. Won't happen. However, being the Jeopardy! presenter when he retires is actually a possibility.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

In future, please ensure all posts about Jeopardy are phrased as a question rather than a statement or you'll be ruled incorrect.

haha. My apologies. Should have said: "Who is a person that doesn't watch Jeopardy!?"

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Am I imagining things or were there not some hush hush rumours about Watt a few weeks ago?

I heard some weird shit he had been asked to leave at the end of the season but put it down to bullshit. No way would we ask someone who was our top player last year to go unless he was being sold. Bit embarrassed posting it to be honest

Edited by Well Well

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Am I imagining things or were there not some hush hush rumours about Watt a few weeks ago?

If it's the same post I read I'm pretty sure it was someone else on that thread who just assumed it was Watt that was being referred to.

"LOL, iT mUsT bE ToNy wAtt tHeN. LOL"

There wasn't a specific name attributed on the original post.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

1 hour ago, Well Well said:

I heard some weird shit he had been asked to leave at the end of the season but put it down to bullshit. No way would we ask someone who was our top player last year to go unless he was being sold. Bit embarrassed posting it to be honest

Nothing in the second passage quoted is near correct, you’ll find the story suggests not everything in the garden is/was rosy though.

Edited by Onthefringes