Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I kind of thought the same. I see he's taken Seedorf's #17 as well.

That said there are a couple of things that feel a bit different; Amaluzor's 6ft compared to Seedorf's 5ft 9 and also the bold Sherwin had only made 19 senior appearances when he signed. He's been playing at a lower level but Amaluzor has over 100 appearances and we signed MJ from the approx. the same background at the same age.

Justin Amaluzor:

1222006056_ScreenShot2021-06-21at19_22_29.thumb.png.7bac53de6393d3bc22219454fb32eb82.png

Marvin Johnson:

705982621_ScreenShot2021-06-21at19_20_53.thumb.png.fc03fa77072c104d516b9b9f9eca2e01.png

Sherwin Seedorf:

1379561071_ScreenShot2021-06-21at19_38_03.thumb.png.8ab6f42c22fb7fed0030f012388a46f2.png

Also, it's a one year deal vs the 2 years we gave Seedorf.

I bet they spent weeks dreaming up "Kent Football United" 

Guest superward
2 hours ago, superward said:

Bazza has got number 6. Was that Campbell's old number? 

Big Bev in with number 5. 

I know it doesn't mean much nowadays but I do think it gives a guide...and as I thought, 2 or 3 of the players a lot of folk don't think will be starters I'd wager will be even more now.

6 minutes ago, superward said:

Big Bev in with number 5. 

I know it doesn't mean much nowadays but I do think it gives a guide...and as I thought, 2 or 3 of the players a lot of folk don't think will be starters I'd wager will be even more now.

5 was McGinley's number.

22 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Aw the wee nosey Parkers on twitter must rip Flow's knittin.

If you like your knittin ripped you should go and have a look in SO.

The positivity over this signing is overwhelming (not).

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

5 was McGinley's number.

Aye so McGinley has been moved to *something* with Mugabi taking 5. Maguire now 6, Cornelius 18. Shields listed on the site now as 29 and Amaluzor listed as 17. Love a bit ae Number Polis

Not one that I’m going to get excited about, but I doubt he is on any sort of wage coming from Maidstone.

I went to watch Maidstone when they were in the National League (season they went down). They were diabolical and so were the opposition. This signing is from a level below that.

2 hours ago, supermarv said:

Did he mention one specific name of the page or 2 where multiple names were being rhymed off? 

Turn it up. There was a clue, some made the link, some obviously haven’t even though the name was posted. He’s among others they’ll run the rule over. 6 today for example.

Let’s see if our Head of Recruitment looks beyond where he’s been employed and former charges.

Guest superward
12 hours ago, CSmith said:

Aye so McGinley has been moved to *something* with Mugabi taking 5. Maguire now 6, Cornelius 18. Shields listed on the site now as 29 and Amaluzor listed as 17. Love a bit ae Number Polis

Same, love it during the boring weeks of off sesson. All to see a no. 34 play all our opening games.

News: Crawford is 20, was 8. 

Bumped. 

#Numberpolis

So with wee Beck signing up for a year here's where we are as it stands (roughly):

1908823395_ScreenShot2021-06-22at09_48_55.thumb.png.a1cbbc3117593fa4d014c6ed5cb8bc8f.png

I take the point that some of those folk might want to be back up may end up being starters but (IMO) replacements for Gallagher, Campbell, Polworth and Cole (plus a Roberts or equivalent) to drop into the starting XI are pretty much a minimum.

There's still an obvious question mark over whether we see Carson again purely because (again IMO) we've made such a thing over being open to Kelly coming back it's difficult to see us going into the season with Carson as #1 and I can't really see him being happy about being a back-up. Which isn't to say Carson is anything other than an excellent goalkeeper when fit, it just kind of sits weird at the moment.

Edited by capt_oats

I am certain I seen a post about Carson being offered a coaching role within the club, it was one post, and nothing else since, however with the coaching school himself and Scott Fox have on the go, us being very open to Liam Kelly returning and re signing Scott fox, it could have some traction?

It's been as clear as it ever will be that Carson isn't being viewed as the stick-on No1 for next season - because the noises from the club would be very different if he was.

If it transpires that he's offski for whatever reason or that he's got a reduced role due to injury/health concerns, it would be a real shame as he's one of the best keepers we've had at the club and his sliding doors moments haven't worked out for him as well he deserves. When we all make snide comments about players leaving for the money - Carson is an example of a guy whose talent could have made him significantly more than he has done due to stuff he could never legislate for (DVT, us - against all odds - bringing in a genuine top level keeper as his understudy)