Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Game given away a few days back? Add in the ex-Liverpool youth who’s been around the club for some time.

Just say both the names? It’s a fans forum where most things on here dont go further than on here or Twitter.

Guest superward

Max Johnstone in the wee Instagram story looking like he has been living in the gym since last time we saw him. 

Interested in Josh McPake on loan now bring reported. In amongst other clubs. 

Edited by superward

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I definitely remember a Justin training with us last season. I can’t remember when but I remember it.

The Record are also linking us to McPake from Rangers. I think he’s a striker but basically I know nothing.

It seems to have been well known that he was heading up here going by Maidstone United's forum.

First mention of it being a thing is 18th May but presumably it was in the offing before yer man is posting about it: https://maidstoneunitedfc.proboards.com/thread/9094/amaluzor-moves-on

And......there it is.

With thanks to @RossBFaeDundee

Soy un perdedor. AMALUZOR BABY...

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

Just say both the names? It’s a fans forum where most things on here dont go further than on here or Twitter.

Behave. One name already given away on here. The other has been around the club, featured on some players’ social media…

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

First mention of it being a thing is 18th May but presumably it was in the offing before yer man is posting about

Really poor that you missed that - need to up your game before pre-season goes on much longer :)

Guest superward
1 minute ago, Well Well said:

Well  I assume that's everyone for the bench sorted, just waiting on the first team players signing on. 

Bazza has got number 6. Was that Campbell's old number? 

13 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m struggling to think of a Motherwell signing with a better name than that.

All I see when I see his surname is "I'm a loser",  but thats maybe just the Universe sending a message.

If you're interested, my wee system has him profiling as pretty much Sherwin Seedorf. Played better overall, but at a lower level.

Spoiler

Amaluzor.thumb.png.f0b355bee60eb849836c2b58ea5c67c9.png

Edited by RandomGuy.

All I see when I see his surname is "I'm a loser",  but thats maybe just the Universe sending a message.
If you're interested, my wee system has him profiling as pretty much Sherwin Seedorf. Played better overall, but at a lower level.
Spoiler

Amaluzor.thumb.png.f0b355bee60eb849836c2b58ea5c67c9.png

The first thing I thought of was Sherwin Seedorf MK2. No idea why as I had never heard of him until today.

Happy to give him a chance and obviously hope he turns out to be a decent signing.

Seems he changed his surname a few years back according to one of the articles. Maybe it's one of those motivational boy named sue things.
I did see he had changed his name on Wiki but no explanation. A bit odd but his prerogative.

Anyway, happy to give him a chance. Hopefully he's someone the management can improve.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

The first thing I thought of was Sherwin Seedorf MK2. No idea why as I had never heard of him until today.

Happy to give him a chance and obviously hope he turns out to be a decent signing.

I kind of thought the same. I see he's taken Seedorf's #17 as well.

That said there are a couple of things that feel a bit different; Amaluzor's 6ft compared to Seedorf's 5ft 9 and also the bold Sherwin had only made 19 senior appearances when he signed. He's been playing at a lower level but Amaluzor has over 100 appearances and we signed MJ from the approx. the same background at the same age.

Justin Amaluzor:

1222006056_ScreenShot2021-06-21at19_22_29.thumb.png.7bac53de6393d3bc22219454fb32eb82.png

Marvin Johnson:

705982621_ScreenShot2021-06-21at19_20_53.thumb.png.fc03fa77072c104d516b9b9f9eca2e01.png

Sherwin Seedorf:

1379561071_ScreenShot2021-06-21at19_38_03.thumb.png.8ab6f42c22fb7fed0030f012388a46f2.png

Also, it's a one year deal vs the 2 years we gave Seedorf.

Edited by capt_oats

43 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I did see he had changed his name on Wiki but no explanation. A bit odd but his prerogative.

I see he's of Nigerian descent... I work with a Nigerian guy who has at least three different surnames that he uses in different circumstances, based on his family's name, the village he was born in, and his appearance. So it's probably not that odd.

Edited by Gallus Numpty