Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think we've tried that in other deals - I think it's a good approach in the right circumstances. I guess the question is if Wee Al can make another step up after this one....

Going by the way Burrows was talking on the podcast (and the subsequent spiel in the PR) I'd imagine the deal was all but done and everyone was quite happy with it.

I mean, unless we really needed the money in the bank now (which it seems clear we don't) then it makes sense not to take the Tony McCarroll deal and bet on Campbell being quite good.

Edited by capt_oats

4 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm reading that as we've agreed a reduced development fee for a sell-on clause.

I hope we haven’t dropped our fee too much, these gambles haven’t paid off recently, but when they do they are lucrative.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone know the exact amount he wants for, plus what sell on clause there is?

Silence is deafening.

Long after the Reply Guys have stopped demanding all the details via Burrow's twitter account, *really* patient geeks find out 18 months later at the AGM. By which point, no one cares

Edited by Swello

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

Long after the Reply Guys have stopped demanding all the details via Burrow's twitter account, *really* patient geeks find out 18 months later at the AGM. By which point, no one cares

I was just joking tbh, I just love folk who demand to know every detail of everything and take personal offence if they dont get told.

Thoughts and prayers with the JKB lads who, for reasons that still aren't entirely clear, had convinced themselves they were in with a shout of signing Campbell. (Despite it being clear to pretty much everyone paying attention that he was heading south).

It's been an emotional rollercoaster for the bold dazajmbo. :lol:

1936728724_ScreenShot2021-06-15at22_00_55.thumb.png.eb91d3f0d3d91b8436ed612d7cbc1bca.png

581291243_ScreenShot2021-06-15at20_24_51.thumb.png.cad19c15e3e2d7b4b0545feaf517e5cf.png1777995140_ScreenShot2021-06-15at20_27_10.thumb.png.60c98b3b26d489559fbb1fe1802536d0.png445975910_ScreenShot2021-06-15at16_39_36.thumb.png.5938c3f0c2d03365cf22f0a73cb0605d.png

1922318351_ScreenShot2021-06-15at16_39_57.thumb.png.c828bf417ad7bf09f9bf5f5c2ca197e9.png

613698431_ScreenShot2021-06-15at21_59_46.thumb.png.f736a9e7078f89486769581788dc649e.png 

Edited by capt_oats

I don't really know where to start with that (and it's probably best I don't waste my time) but here goes:

Hearts had someone waiting to pay the development fee off the books.

They were going to try and negotiate a lower fee by offering Roberts but still be arseholes about the fee by taking it to a tribunal.

Going by this, they put a huge amount of effort into it only for Luton to offer Campbell nearly 3 times as much.

If this how they're going about things I hope they've got another fly on the wall documentary series lined up.

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I don't really know where to start with that (and it's probably best I don't waste my time) but here goes:

Hearts had someone waiting to pay the development fee off the books.

They were going to try and negotiate a lower fee by offering Roberts but still be arseholes about the fee by taking it to a tribunal.

Going by this, they put a huge amount of effort into it only for Luton to offer Campbell nearly 3 times as much.

If this how they're going about things I hope they've got another fly on the wall documentary series lined up.

I mean, normally I wouldn't waste my time picking out those posts and sticking them in here (lies, I absolutely would waste my time doing exactly that) but the mental gymnastics are sensational and 100% deserve a bigger audience IMO.

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Is that Hearts documentary worth watching? I never got round to it.

I started watching it out of sheer boredom at the end of the second lockdown, or whenever it was on...only to realise in the last 10 minutes that I'd actually fucking accidentally started watching the 3rd and last episode first by mistake...🙈😂

I only realised when they started talking about playing Dundee at home, first game of the season...

Was that scunnered with myself, I fuckin' deleted the other two episodes in a rage...

To be honest, felt quite dirty within myself having spent a full hour watching a programme about Hearts...

I wouldn't bother if I were you.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Can we just agree that we were due £500k, we reduced that by 20% in return for a 20% cut of any future sell on fee.