Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

"I thought I possibly had to look elsewhere" definitely translates as "I wanted fuckin loadsa money".

Fair play to him though. Can't grudge him the move.

I read it slightly differently and more in line with @Ron Aldo's post earlier. IIRC that first conversation happened fucking ages ago.

The way I took it was that he was open to sticking around when his next destination was likely to be some League 1 jobber outfit but he kept scoring goals and looking a class above at which point he realised "actually, I don't really need to hang about here for another 6 months. I can get fuckin' loadsa money from a Championship team now...I'm going to do that."

Edited by capt_oats

4 hours ago, welldaft said:

In Anstruther for a wee break. Wearing my away top from the Paddy Power sponsor free season. One of my favs....

Twice within 5 minutes a cyclist shouted “Mon the Well” and a car driver wound down his window and shouted Well well super well. I guess we just have to accept we are a Global brand 🤷‍♂️.

Now get signing some players 🙏

Shit you not, this used to happen to me in Anstruther as a child on holiday in the early 2000s. Surely the same people 😂

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shane Lavery has signed for Blackpool, sure it was you lot that were linked earlier this year.

It seemed to be Killie who were the main team looking at him in the Record's story. Although we were apparently "also in the hunt": https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shayne-lavery-kilmarnock-motherwell-transfer-23956981

There are a few news stories from Irish papers from around the same time that quote Blackpool having already expressed an interest (along with Stoke and a few others). With their promotion and everything (and us signing Connor Shields) I don't think we've been gazumped or anything.

On 06/06/2021 at 14:42, Archie McSquackle said:

Sky is showing the 6-6 Hibs game on SPFL Greatest Hits just now. Full game on until 4.30pm - could probably skip the next hour.

I recorded the second half and just watched it there.  I was at the match (all of it) and had seen the highlights but I don’t think I have watched back with the full commentary.  Got quite excited.  Although we missed it, what was Smith thinking about giving away that penalty so late in the match?

The best bit was remembering that at our next game we were 3-1 down at Ibrox going into the 90th minute and we got a draw there too.

I was at both those games. Our equaliser at Ibrox was a late penalty from another idiotic challenge from the keeper. Murphy wasn't wiped out by the challenge but lost his balance trying to hurdle the goalie.

I found it quite funny to see Hughes assistant at Hibs was Brian Rice and Hughes' interview after the game was an absolute car crash of contradictions.

21 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I was at both those games. Our equaliser at Ibrox was a late penalty from another idiotic challenge from the keeper. Murphy wasn't wiped out by the challenge but lost his balance trying to hurdle the goalie.

I found it quite funny to see Hughes assistant at Hibs was Brian Rice and Hughes' interview after the game was an absolute car crash of contradictions.

I think Hughes thought he had lost

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

He said he thought they had the game won and then slaughtered the players for thinking they had the game won!

Getting hattrick hero Colin Nish to present the man of the match award to big Lukas was class.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not a massive surprise in honesty.

His missus has a "dream house" Instagram on the go (they have a very nice house) and he/they seem entirely settled where they are. I think they're based around the Stoke area Cheshire so Burton's probably an hour or so of a commute.

Absolutely fair play to him and I hope he has an injury-free run at it. I can imagine playing for the bold Jimmy-Floyd would be quite appealing for a striker as well.

Also:

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

Getting hattrick hero Colin Nish to present the man of the match award to big Lukas was class.

Lukas’ goal was the highlight of the night but watching Nish hand over the man of the match trophy is something else. He was completely gutted… nice to see

He said he thought they had the game won and then slaughtered the players for thinking they had the game won!

There was an article after the game that hit the nail in the head. He pulled his strikers off when we started the comeback and essentially invited us onto them and defending wasn’t exactly that teams strength.

Sure the team sh@t it but he didn’t help them much.