Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I would be open to Lafferty signing up for a year.  Chances of that happening are probably remote.  I suspect after his 13 goals (in 13 games) there will be another club somewhere willing to throw £4 or £5k per week at him.  Puts him firmly out of our price range.  You never know but I just don't see it happening.

Again - if this is even true I can also see it being a bit of a Long situation coming about.  He will wait to see (quite rightly) what offers materialise....could take several weeks.  I would be gobsmacked if in the next few days we announce his signing !

As for Cole re-signing.  His routine is usually come to Motherwell perform well, head south, not perform well and return to Motherwell - rinse and repeat.  One day he may well hit a rich vein of form down south.  He has the talent, just never seems to work out.

I quite like the home strip.  I like the white piping 🤷‍♂️.  Will probably still end up buying the away one as I do most seasons...

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

As for Cole re-signing.  His routine is usually come to Motherwell perform well, head south, not perform well and return to Motherwell - rinse and repeat.  One day he may well hit a rich vein of form down south.  He has the talent, just never seems to work out.

That feels a bit unfair on Decanter tbh.

His first stint up here he was on loan, his loan expired. We wanted to extend it, Wigan wanted to get shot of him permanently so Doncaster ended up taking him (and presumably his full wage) off their books. I'm not sure how much of that would have been in his hands.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure we were/are by any means his preferred choice but equally I'd be surprised if he had much of a say in whether his original loan was extended or not.

Edited by capt_oats

4 hours ago, dirtydave said:

Yeah it has been but my personal opinion is that it should only be on a claret and Amber shirt.  No problem with it on a white shirt with C&A trimmings but on a blue or black shirt it just looks wrong. 

I think it looks smart on away tops and much better than the one colour club badge that was on the 17-18 away top.

eaTLB69.png

That style can get in the bin imo.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Petition for a "re-imagination" of this for our next away shirt. It's time.

CxNkxE_XcAAYSkA.jpg

I've still got that top, it's mint as I bought it and realised that it was brighter than the sun - so it was worn about twice.

PS - Cracking picture of m'lord

The worst kit we’ve had was that all black away thing we wore in the John Sutton INCOMEING game. When I see highlights of that game it still annoys me we were wearing that shite on what turned out to be such a memorable day.

1 minute ago, dezz said:

The worst kit we’ve had was that all black away thing we wore in the John Sutton INCOMEING game. When I see highlights of that game it still annoys me we were wearing that shite on what turned out to be such a memorable day.

That kit looked like some shite training gear. A total stinker.

27 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

All in.

Although the GOAT is 1994's away kit. 
25E58F44-3CF7-4AC9-8B72-58138E98BF8D.thumb.jpeg.dabe3cf4ce5234acede7a8667ac8a558.jpeg

Hide contents

Did I part with a small fortune for this off eBay at the end of lockdown 1.0? 

07794CE9-0639-47A3-B668-AE3C93889B40.jpeg.a82c7c55031f2c8183ecca68b1793c5c.jpeg

Still got that one too but it is very much less than mint as I wore it in an almost celtic-supporter type of way.

This was my favourite:

FB_IMG_1564783689741.jpg

48 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

The best ever.

In my opinion, every single Motherwell Football Club away kit from now until the end of time should be a variation of this kit.

Simples

In long sleeve only, too. A thing of beauty 👌

11 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

The best ever.

In my opinion, every single Motherwell Football Club away kit from now until the end of time should be a variation of this kit.

Simples.

Nice kit.........possibly one of the best forward lines to grace FP that afternoon 

Borussia Dortmund: Klos; Reinhardt (Tanko, 74), Schmidt, Freund, Cesar Silva, Sammer, Reuter, Zorc, Chapuisat, Moller, Riedle (Ricken, 74).