Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

That's Polly giving "his side of the story".

Before Alexander came in, Polworth knocked back a fresh Well deal and he played just once more under Alexander following the red card at Pittodrie.

He explained: “I was offered a new contract just before January and I turned that down. A few other things happened after that and things didn’t work out for multiple reasons, which is the best way for me to put it.

“So, once I had turned down the contract there, it then became a long and frustrating six months.”

He said: “In the first season we finished third in the league and someone told me the stats showed that I created the most chances in the league.

“That first season was really productive. Even the start of my second season, we had a few European games, which was a great experience.

“I played the first few games under the new manager and got sent off at Aberdeen and, after that, things didn’t go to plan.

“It has been an eye-opening six months. I have got to see the other side of football.

“At the age of 26, you are sent away to train with kids of 14 or 15. I am just glad it’s over and I can move on.”

Link

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

That's Polly giving "his side of the story".
Before Alexander came in, Polworth knocked back a fresh Well deal and he played just once more under Alexander following the red card at Pittodrie.
He explained: “I was offered a new contract just before January and I turned that down. A few other things happened after that and things didn’t work out for multiple reasons, which is the best way for me to put it.
“So, once I had turned down the contract there, it then became a long and frustrating six months.”
He said: “In the first season we finished third in the league and someone told me the stats showed that I created the most chances in the league.
“That first season was really productive. Even the start of my second season, we had a few European games, which was a great experience.
“I played the first few games under the new manager and got sent off at Aberdeen and, after that, things didn’t go to plan.
“It has been an eye-opening six months. I have got to see the other side of football.
“At the age of 26, you are sent away to train with kids of 14 or 15. I am just glad it’s over and I can move on.”
Link
giphy.gif&key=c9360c70f171748fd37c0153cfd9173db1102679ae983632cd1dfe467ade8e22
f**k off Polworth. Don't let the door hit you or your burds arse on the way out.

Not a big fan of the white on the kit but it’s not terrible.

As for the shorts. I actually enjoyed the change to white though I think after a couple of years it is appropriate to revert to claret again just to freshen things up.

Our home tops are always going to be pretty similar and so it is the away top I’m mainly focused on. They will not be able to top last seasons. I’d think they’d hopefully go for a full claret away kit. Not a big fan of either the white or black away tops we’ve had in the past few years.

14 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Not a big fan of the white on the kit but it’s not terrible.

As for the shorts. I actually enjoyed the change to white though I think after a couple of years it is appropriate to revert to claret again just to freshen things up.

Our home tops are always going to be pretty similar and so it is the away top I’m mainly focused on. They will not be able to top last seasons. I’d think they’d hopefully go for a full claret away kit. Not a big fan of either the white or black away tops we’ve had in the past few years.

Yep, last seasons away was probably as good as it’s going to get, Claret would be my choice, the last claret one was very decent.

Man who rejects contract in not being utilised shocker. 

Also would add in the ridiculous red card that cost us points in Aberdeen. Lost his place in the team there and then.

On the new top chat, now that I’ve seen the full ensemble, the best way I can put it is that’s its a very good Motherwell kit, but not a great Motherwell top.

4 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

No idea if its just the usual tabloid paper shite, or we are actually in for him. 
He’s a good player, if not particularly likeable. Could be a decent frontline if we do keep Cole as well, although getting both is unlikely. 

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Big Weird Kyle then, eh?

Tbh my main takeaway from this is that Cole's definitely away more than anything else.

With Accies away and Kyle Lafferty not scoring against us, we'd be title contenders.

9 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Explain yourself

The script badge has been on more recent away kits than home kits.

Yeah it has been but my personal opinion is that it should only be on a claret and Amber shirt.  No problem with it on a white shirt with C&A trimmings but on a blue or black shirt it just looks wrong. 

6 hours ago, dezz said:

On the new top chat, now that I’ve seen the full ensemble, the best way I can put it is that’s its a very good Motherwell kit, but not a great Motherwell top.

This is pretty much where I am also. It's a good Motherwell top, but not a great one. But it's a fine Motherwell kit.

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Big Weird Kyle then, eh?

Tbh my main takeaway from this is that Cole's definitely away more than anything else.

That was my initial reaction too but having read the article (loathe as I am on account of it being The Sun) it sounds like it's more an opportunity thing where he's officially available so we've chucked our hat in the ring. I'm still not holding my breath on Decanter re-signing but I'm not sure the two are as connected as I initially thought.

I mean, with Watt, Lawleff and Shields the only ones signed up we're still pretty short on centre forwards as things stand.

Shoutout to this guy for the single dumbest take on it I've seen though...

1722642404_ScreenShot2021-06-05at08_35_03.thumb.png.d18ee552fedd4d31a6854f4ecdd6388b.png

Edited by capt_oats

47 minutes ago, Swello said:

With Accies away and Kyle Lafferty not scoring against us, we'd be title contenders.

And Dundee back in the league. We’re practically starting on 9 points.