Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Most of the takes from Motherwell posters on here seem fairly measured and realistic (curry chat excluded) but we seem to be in a tiny minority.
I’m beginning to wonder if it’s actually us that are the lunatics.

14 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

I’m actually pretty gutted about Chilli D leaving. Was he the sole surviving member of the Thunderdome?

Think Trevor Carson is the lone survivor now

The Twitter takes, and some of the replies on the 'fishal FB post are something to behold. 

Having monitored him through his rehab and progression back to fitness, I'm fairly sure that the club offered him the best deal they could/thought he merited. 

Being the type of club we are, we saw right by him and got him back fit, and as a player/person Charlie bought into the whole ethos of the club from day one. It's just a pity that injuries blighted so much of his time with us. 

An all round top guy for whom I wish nothing but the best for the future. Best of luck to him at Saints. 

Hands up, I firmly believe Charlie Taxi is an awful, awful footballer, and the memories of him shelling diags over the dugout will haunt me long after his 2 year St Mirren deal has ended.

But that being said....genuinely quite sad at him going, he sort of feels like the last of an era that was a really enjoyable time to be a 'Well fan and as I'm sure anyone would agree, one of life's proper good guys and must have been some boi to have about the place.

They were the best of times...they were the worst of times...farewell Charlie Taxi, nothing but best wishes from me.

Aye, he goes with nothing but the best from me too.

His first season at the club, where he largely stayed fit, has sadly seemed to be the exception rather than the rule in his career.

I’m surprised, but happy for him, after all he’s been through that he’s had a two year deal. Sadly, I’d already written off seeing him play for us again and all things told a fresh start is probably best for both parties.

I must say that despite technically not being the best, his pace was a massive asset and he always fitted in well when he was fit for us - both in the back three and when he partnered Aldred in the early stages of sexy Motherwell.

I have to say as well, Big Charlie Taxi picking up terrified locals is one of the funniest football-related things I've ever seen. What a man.

Edit: just in addition to that as well, in among the obvious shite stuff with the current restrictions, just feels a massive shame that guys like Campbell and Dunne wander out of Fir Park with just a social media well-wish. Fair play that's realistically all that can be done, but both contributed significantly over their time with us, and are good examples of the type of people we want to have at the club, and deserve a lap of honour and a pile of scarves to take home. Just a bit shite, really.

Edited by thisGRAEME

14 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Donnelly, Callachan, O'Hara? Fans of weak willed teams calling us thugs? Top after 4 games because we've battered everyone to death?

tina turner auntie entity GIF

Make it so.

Amazing how big a presence Tina Turner's work pre-1992 has in Scottish football.

Had a read through some of the social media comments about Dunne. Some of our fans are complete roasters and it always seems to be the usual suspects.

I'm a bit gutted to see him go as well which is strange as, when it comes down to it, he's a shocking footballer. He has a bit of positional sense and is absolutely rapid which puts him in the "does a job" category for our level. Put the ball at his feet and he doesn't have a clue.

It's actually no wonder players and their wives end up arguing with our fans over social media, some of the hot takes on Charlie Dunne Stealing a living and shafting the club are absolutely wild.

one of life's good guys, who provided some excellent #content over the years.

charles dunne motherwell GIF