Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 years without a first team game was it? Fair fucks to him if he's gotten himself at 2 year deal at St. Mirren. I genuinely wish him all the best and hopefully he can stay fit. 

He wasn't a particularly good defender, or footballer.  Fast c**t through.  He's better than Ricki Lamie anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Desp said:

2 years without a first team game was it? Fair fucks to him if he's gotten himself at 2 year deal at St. Mirren. I genuinely wish him all the best and hopefully he can stay fit. 

He wasn't a particularly good defender, or footballer.  Fast c**t through.  He's better than Ricki Lamie anyway. 

His last first team game was 19th August 2019.

As I say, absolutely fair play to him. A two year deal at St Mirren considering we'd offered him an invite to join the squad for a kick about in pre-season is a result for him. I had thought he'd end up back down in that LDN.

Only positive vibes from me towards him. 

Edited by capt_oats

We have 5 defenders in the squad who are all right footed. Charles is now the only left footed defender we have. Jim has been playing a regular back 3 for most of the season and only on occasion using a back four. Reckon Charlie will get game time then (assuming he is fit :) ).

Fair play to Dunne for getting a 2 year deal. I imagine our offer would have been 6 months to see if he got fit and take it from there.

His first season with us must be his only season in the last 5(?) he’s been fit for even half the games because I’m sure he was out long term at Oldham before he joined us too.

No doubting he’s a good lad so best of luck to him.

39 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

We have 5 defenders in the squad who are all right footed. Charles is now the only left footed defender we have. Jim has been playing a regular back 3 for most of the season and only on occasion using a back four. Reckon Charlie will get game time then (assuming he is fit :) ).

He won't be. I loved Charlie Dunne for all his faults his pace often covered them.
There has been a right weird reaction to this, as if he's betrayed us or something. I reckon St Mirren taking a crock off our hands and saving us a couple of hundred quid a week is a good thing.

12 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

He won't be. I loved Charlie Dunne for all his faults his pace often covered them.
There has been a right weird reaction to this, as if he's betrayed us or something. I reckon St Mirren taking a crock off our hands and saving us a couple of hundred quid a week is a good thing.

Aye, it's really fucking weird. Same thing happened with Tanner like.

Going by the news story we invited him back to pre-season, so we haven't even offered him a new deal.

According to some of the galaxy brains in our support he's supposed to knock back a firm 2 year contract of employment from St Mirren on the off chance we decide to offer him something in the next couple of months after having a kick about at Dalziel Park?

I'm genuinely gone at some of the moon unit takes...

From the man himself: St Mirren offered him a contract, we were looking at him coming back in on trial. What the actual f**k are the folk who are bent out of shape about this expecting here?

E25YfvbXEAcjLYE?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by capt_oats

16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Don't think he is definitely a crock but he wasn't going to be offered a 2 year deal by us. I don't think St Mirren priced us out, we just wouldn't match what they would give him. And it looks like he will be in contention to start too.

I'm glad he got another club and managed to stay at this level. Would have been sad to see him go down a division or to shit like the National League in England.

Look at that perfectly weighted through ball.

10 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Don't think he is definitely a crock but he wasn't going to be offered a 2 year deal by us. I don't think St Mirren priced us out, we just wouldn't match what they would give him. And it looks like he will be in contention to start too.

I'm glad he got another club and managed to stay at this level. Would have been sad to see him go down a division or to shit like the National League in England.

Look at that perfectly weighted through ball.

I doubt that. Shaughnessy, Club captain, plays left centre back alongside McCarthy and Fraser who will be our starting back 3 with Tait and Finlayson deputising. Charlie will probably only get a game when we play a back 4 and need a left back. Or perhaps a defensive left wing back.

13 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I doubt that. Shaughnessy, Club captain, plays left centre back alongside McCarthy and Fraser who will be our starting back 3 with Tait and Finlayson deputising. Charlie will probably only get a game when we play a back 4 and need a left back. Or perhaps a defensive left wing back.

Disagree

think Dunne will start at left centre half, Shaughnessy moves to right side where he’s more comfortable and McCarthy centre. Fraser at right wing back. 

39 minutes ago, dezz said:

Fucking hell. Some of the twitter takes on Dunne are wild.

‘Leaves a sick taste in the mouth’,

‘stinks of Craig Tanner’

f**k ME emoji23.png

I wonder how some people think football as a job works. The guy has a horrendous injury record and a team that finished above us last year (spit) offered him a 2 year deal - in early june - compared to our "bring your gym kit along to pre-season training and we might keep you on for another year if you're lucky". 

Fair play to Chaz - hope he has a good injury free run - all the best to him at Saints.

53 minutes ago, dezz said:

Fucking hell. Some of the twitter takes on Dunne are wild.

‘Leaves a sick taste in the mouth’,

‘stinks of Craig Tanner’

f**k ME emoji23.png

It’s baffling. Perfect summations by all here, it’s beyond me how club or player can be seen in a bad light.