Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Noticed this in the kits thread but Hibs and now Ross County have gone from Macron to Joma.

Could be purely coincidental but I'll be disappointed if we also end up with them as their kits have always looked like cheap shite.

Just confirmed the League cup fixtures. Our 1st match is after the initial round of fixtures which should allow odonnell some time to rest after Scotland win the Euros

Both away fixtures (Airdrieonians and Queens Park) are on Premier Sports and the 2 home fixtures are on 3pm on Saturday. Full fixture list down below:

20210601_160059.thumb.jpg.4836a5c3985b6ea3560b19ddd137db71.jpg

Edit: for those who can't see the image

Premier Sports Cup 2021/22 dates

Group stage

MD1: Weekend of July 10/11

• Airdrieonians Vs Annan Athletic (Sat 10th July at 3pm)
  • Queen of the South vs Queens Park (Sat 10th July at 3pm)

MD2: Midweek of July 13/14

• Annan Athletic vs Queen of the South (Tues 13th July at 7.45pm)
  • Queens Park vs Motherwell (Wed 14th July at 7.45pm) - Also on Premier Sports.

MD3: Weekend of July 17/18

• Motherwell vs Queen of the South (Sat 17th July at 3pm)
  • Queens Park vs Airdrieonians (Sat 17th July at 3pm)

MD4: Midweek of July 20/21

• Airdrieonians vs Motherwell (Tues 20th July at 7.45pm) - Also on Premier Sports.
  • Annan Athletic vs Queens Park (Tues 20th July at 7.45pm)

MD5: Weekend of July 24/25

• Motherwell vs Annan Athletic (Sat 24th July at 3pm)
  • Queen of the South vs Airdrieonians (Sat 24th July at 3pm)
Edited by Phillips455

5 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Noticed this in the kits thread but Hibs and now Ross County have gone from Macron to Joma.

Could be purely coincidental but I'll be disappointed if we also end up with them as their kits have always looked like cheap shite.

As have we, they've agreed to bespoke kits with us though so at least not some shite template. Just need to hope they've stepped quality up

43 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

As have we, they've agreed to bespoke kits with us though so at least not some shite template. Just need to hope they've stepped quality up

That can only mean that Macron have made the commercial terms less attractive than previously or that Joma are significantly undercutting Macron and providing a greater share of profits. For 3 of the 4 top flight clubs to change is quite something. 

FWIW I think Macron tops have been best in ages. Much better than Puma both in terms of quality and style. Hope we were able to get better terms if the other teams left Macron. 

Good set of fixtures for Premier Sports Cup. 2 away games on Premier Sports. I assume by then away fans still will not be allowed in stadiums. I guess Airdrie at home would have been better but again depends how many home fans are allowed back by then. 

4 hours ago, welldaft said:

That can only mean that Macron have made the commercial terms less attractive than previously or that Joma are significantly undercutting Macron and providing a greater share of profits. For 3 of the 4 top flight clubs to change is quite something. 

FWIW I think Macron tops have been best in ages. Much better than Puma both in terms of quality and style. Hope we were able to get better terms if the other teams left Macron. 

Good set of fixtures for Premier Sports Cup. 2 away games on Premier Sports. I assume by then away fans still will not be allowed in stadiums. I guess Airdrie at home would have been better but again depends how many home fans are allowed back by then. 

Sorry should've specified, we've went from Nike to Joma, but I'd imagine the point still stands. I've noticed Dunfermline joined up with them too. Their brand manager or whatever though, is Andy Barrowman so maybe there's a big push from them on that side to grow their Scottish market. There's also a few lower league clubs jumped onto them so something surely changed recently with them - here's hoping the kits are decent for once.

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

SuperMarv has posted a rumour over on steelmen. I love rumours.

A rumour? 3 potential players we are looking at were in for talks last Friday. Could be 3 players for the one position or 3 different you never know, none of them could sign or they all do. But it seems as though we are being very active early. Hence when I said we could expect one in this week that was personal opinion.

16 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Sorry should've specified, we've went from Nike to Joma, but I'd imagine the point still stands. I've noticed Dunfermline joined up with them too. Their brand manager or whatever though, is Andy Barrowman so maybe there's a big push from them on that side to grow their Scottish market. There's also a few lower league clubs jumped onto them so something surely changed recently with them - here's hoping the kits are decent for once.

That’s correct he’s the Joma manager for Scotland I’m sure. He’s also local grew up in Cleland, I’m sure I seen him on Twitter mention he thinks we are great run club and intends on getting himself and his son who he hopes will be a ‘Well fan season tickets this year after our tweet about free season tickets etc. However I think it’s pretty unlikely we’d change this late to joma after Burrows saying we are staying with Macron. Maybe something that could come to fruition in the future.

Hard pass on Callachan.

With the current options we have in midfield we're already stacked in the grafter with no creativity department. If we're bringing any midfielders in (and I hope we are) then a genuinely creative midfielder to fill the Polworth gap should be the priority IMO.

18 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Hard pass on Callachan.

With the current options we have in midfield we're already stacked in the grafter with no creativity department. If we're bringing any midfielders in (and I hope we are) then a genuinely creative midfielder to fill the Polworth gap should be the priority IMO.

I have to admit to not knowing enough about his style of play to accurately pass comment- but does 10 goals and 4 assists in a terrible Accies team not suggest a decent bit of creativity?