Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Desp said:

If Stephen O'Donnell's Bedtime Stories isn't a thing by our media team next season, I'll sorely disappointed. 

I loved the "man going on stag weekend" energy, where he was trying to convince everyone that he was gutted to be away with the lads and missing everything going on at home. I can imagine him skipping down the path whistling viva espana  after he shuts the front door.

Anyone know if this lad is decent? Three year deal, so someone must think so!
Happy for the boy. Should be a decent move. It's a step up but not a ridiculous leap in quality so he should manage the step up.

He was deployed to run the channels with us and can run all day. He also knows how to finish and hold the ball up well. I'm not sure how he'll be used at Motherwell but he was predominantly a lone striker for us and did it well. I think with a partner he could do better with his goal return. Our CM was pretty shite last season and we had no one to feed him so he did really well to score as many as he did and a few of his goals were done off his own back.

I'll be keeping an eye on how he does and really hope it's a cracking signing for both parties.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Happy for the boy. Should be a decent move. It's a step up but not a ridiculous leap in quality so he should manage the step up.

He was deployed to run the channels with us and can run all day. He also knows how to finish and hold the ball up well. I'm not sure how he'll be used at Motherwell but he was predominantly a lone striker for us and did it well. I think with a partner he could do better with his goal return. Our CM was pretty shite last season and we had no one to feed him so he did really well to score as many as he did and a few of his goals were done off his own back.

I'll be keeping an eye on how he does and really hope it's a cracking signing for both parties.

I'm not going to pretend I've seen much of him other than his goals against Ayr and Hearts but going purely on the bit in bold, as @Gianfranco said earlier in the thread that feels like a straight replacement for Chrissy Long.

Also, FAO: the thread in general this is interesting.

Edited by capt_oats

Guest superward
4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

So this is where we are then?

1137437800_ScreenShot2021-05-27at18_37_54.thumb.png.60c3c563b4e6be701e9cc1945e95c573.png

Think the only ones we aren't sure on his Max Johnstone and David Devine?

Just now, superward said:

Think the only ones we aren't sure on his Max Johnstone and David Devine?

Aye, Matty Connelly as well. The OS has both Devine and Connelly out of contract but neither appear on either the released or offered new deal lists.

The OS doesn't have any contract info for Johnston. I notice he's been bumped up onto the First Team page now though. He was listed with the Reserves until recently.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Some amount of faith to be putting into a player that's had half a good season.

He looked quality against us earlier in the season though.

Any player is a gamble these days.

Shields? He's been consistently good for us. I don't think he could have done any better considering the shite he was surrounded by tbh.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Shields? He's been consistently good for us. I don't think he could have done any better considering the shite he was surrounded by tbh.

Yeah - 22 league games. Little more than half a normal season's worth.