Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I wonder if offering Scott Fox a contract would mean that Kelly is not coming back. Hope to god that Hastie is not the one or two loans they are talking about. I was hoping it was Kelly and Roberts

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Robinson to Ross County feels like a move that makes a lot of sense for both parties to me.

The United job's about to become vacant as well it seems.

I always thought he'd have a problem with Asghar being a DOF and the whole structure they have there but I'd guess he's probably hitting a point where beggars can't be choosers seeing as he interviewed for the Doncaster job the other week but didn't get it.

That is as brutal a clear out as it's possible to have given the contract situations - and it still leaves open the possibility of contracted players being encouraged to find themselves a new club as they'll be getting familiar with the stand/bench next season. It feels like the right thing to do.

I assume that "invited back for pre-season" will be the bold Chaz Dunne.

1 minute ago, Swello said:

That is as brutal a clear out as it's possible to have given the contract situations - and it still leaves open the possibility of contracted players being encouraged to find themselves a new club as they'll be getting familiar with the stand/bench next season. It feels like the right thing to do.

I assume that "invited back for pre-season" will be the bold Chaz Dunne.

I'd say Fox would be the other one getting the "invitation". Just given the general circumstances.

He's missed a full season (save 2 clean sheets for Morton) offering him a pre-season makes sense especially given Carson's "knee" and Kelly's situation being up in the air.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Are Dunne and Carson our longest serving players then? Granted they've made about a combined 4 appearances in the last 2 years.

Grimshaw no? Given his original loan spell.

Edited by capt_oats

Usually with these things there's 1 or 2 names you're disappointed to see on it regardless of how good / bad they've been.

Not this time. Good riddance the fucking lot of you.*

*Except maybe Hussain and Semple.

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

23 players released. Jesus. 

In fairness a decent percentage of those are development players who need to go and find regular football plus the half dozen loanees

9 minutes ago, Swello said:

And we could still probably put a 20 man squad out on the first day of the season. That would see us relegated.

14 currently contracted by my count.

Also, I notice David Devine and Max Johnston aren't included in either list.

941818178_ScreenShot2021-04-13at18_10_51.png.5c0efd0415c6b528a4efdd630f59477d.png

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Mean Girls No GIF

To be fair, I’ve seen him the grand total of zero times since he left. Just thought the championship team of the year and being linked with Aberdeen and St Johnstone might have been someone we put our hat in the ring for.

50 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So we have binned everyone basically. Good.

Obviously we probably would have liked to keep Campbell and Gallagher.

Long is the only player on the list I would even hesitate on. And every other game it seems like he needs hooked because he has lost the plot.

This. Honestly don’t wish ill on anyone or people to lose their jobs. Hopefully all will get a gig somewhere else. 

All that said like most I am glad that the list is long and very few if any I disagree with Long and Foley possible but again hard to make a case. As Captain says I reckon both Fox and Dunne will have been invited back for pre season. Again a sensible move by the club. Both would need to prove fitness before getting even a short term contract. 

All in all.....Season 5 Helen GIF by Showtime

Edited by welldaft

14 currently contracted by my count.
Also, I notice David Devine and Max Johnston aren't included in either list.
941818178_ScreenShot2021-04-13at18_10_51.png.5c0efd0415c6b528a4efdd630f59477d.png

It’s a big rebuild job for sure. Long was the only one I’d have offered a deal to but if Cole resigns and we get that Shields then fair enough.

On the loan folk I assume they're at least sounding out Liam Kelly as a possibility. Maybe Jordan Roberts at a push.

Hastie was in favour towards the end of the season but I'd only go near him if: a. The deal is permanent and b. There's no fee involved. I'm no having him lurking about and having to get dropped due to the fixtures only to get whipped away again in the however unlikely scenario he finds form.

I suspect Fox has been offered to train in order to prove his fitness before he finds another club. Maybe similar with Dunne, but I'd have him on commentary if he's at a loose end.

Cornelius is fairly unproven but I'd love him to turn out good. Worth another year at least.

All things considered, bulleting 23 of these useless fucks has been the highlight of my season.

Bye Bye Nbc GIF by The New Celebrity Apprentice

One wonders if Magloire could be one of the loanees Being referred too. There might be a player there a bit like Kipre. But on the evidence I saw not sure I would be overly keen for him returning. 

Who would you take from the Killie team that (for the moment anyway) look like they are doomed ? Lafferty the obvious one but not sure his character would measure up with GA stringent expectations. 

Edited by welldaft