Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Anyone else think Liam Kelly comes across as incredibly daft, but in quite an endearing way? Maybe it's actually 4D chess to engineer a move away but it's quite refreshing to hear a player talk as honestly and cliche free as that.

Personally I was immediately on board when I saw that he talks to his dug like a human. A great guy. 

3 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I don't think it's being unfair to see Carson moved down the pecking order. He was tremendous when he came in. Some of his saves were outrageous (the 1v1 vs Tierney particularly). The DVT was a shiter and maybe unforeseen to some degree but this season it's been like his knees were made out of Weetabix. 

Whenever I read this I always get momentarily confused about Carson's run in with Dieter van Tornhout

50 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Anyone else think Liam Kelly comes across as incredibly daft, but in quite an endearing way? Maybe it's actually 4D chess to engineer a move away but it's quite refreshing to hear a player talk as honestly and cliche free as that.

Having had a quick swatch at Kelly's Twitter when he signed "incredibly daft" sounds about right. He was right in there RT'ing the bold Donald (and I don't think it was ironically).

That said, any time I've heard him talk he seems sound. Maybe I shouldn't judge folk on their Twitter TLs as much.

Edited by capt_oats

20 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

No rumour mill about it, natural wasteage only of which I’d doubt many will have heard of.

In the absence of reserve football again next season, development has to change. I’m just not sure the manager views the player pathway the club do.

Was working off last weeks’ list...

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m sure this was mentioned earlier in this thread, but when is the release list likely to be announced.

Going by previous normal seasons it's been the Monday or Tuesday after the end of the season.

2019 - May 21st (final game 18th May - Livi (h) 3-2)
2018 - May 21st (final game 19th May - Scottish Cup final - Celtic (n) 2-0)
2017 - May 22nd (final game 20th May - ICT (a) 3-2)
2016 - May 16th (final game 15th May - Celtic (a) 7-0)
2015 - June 2nd (final game 31st May - Premiership Play-off Final 2nd leg: Rangers (h) 3-0)

Edited by capt_oats

Guest superward
40 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Going by previous normal seasons it's been the Monday or Tuesday after the end of the season.

2019 - May 21st (final game 18th May - Livi (h) 3-2)
2018 - May 21st (final game 19th May - Scottish Cup final (n) 2-0)
2017 - May 22nd (final game 20th May - ICT (a) 3-2)
2016 - May 16th (final game 15th May - Celtic (a) 7-0)
2015 - June 2nd (final game 31st May - Premiership Play-off Final 2nd leg: Rangers (h) 3-0)

Thanks for reminding me about 2016. That said, I'm oddly happier about losing to Ross County 2-1 now.

Edited by superward

14 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I genuinely forgot about Sherwin when making my worst player of the season list.

There's been various stages in the second half of the season I've forgotten about players existence. Sometimes him, sometimes Harry Smith, sometimes Eddie Nolan. Must be a record season for players whose impact was insignificant.

Interested to hear what people's threshold is for "celebrating" 1991. I love Motherwell nostalgia more than most but at the 20 year mark it moved from celebrating a defining moment to a bit of an embarrassment that we haven't won anything since. By 30 years, it's actively annoying me.

We've been in lots of finals and true we've not had the luck to be against anyone other than OF teams in good form but I'm openly jealous of teams like us winning cups now. I'd be happy if we shut up about 91 until we win something else...