Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Ally Maxwell is some boy eh.

One thing I considered for the first time watching it back last night, was why didn’t Dougie Arnott take it into the corner? Did that not happen back then?

If we hadn’t won in extra time, he’d have been in danger of being our Stuart Armstrong 😂

10 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I think I might vote for Mugabi’s goal. Long’s was the best strike and O’Hara’s was a quality team move but that goal at County turned our season around. And he broke a world record leap or something like that scoring it.

I'm same, funnily enough, just posted this on SO...

No love for big Bevis Mug-naldo...?!

Very important goal at the time, got the win and stopped us potentially going 2nd bottom on the night, maybe even bottom if results went against us, cannae mind exactly.

If Bevis had Ruud Gullit-esque dreads, we'd be talking about that header for years! :D

53 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

One thing I considered for the first time watching it back last night, was why didn’t Dougie Arnott take it into the corner? Did that not happen back then?

It did, and a lot of us said the same afterwards. Have to say though, at the time, I think most of us were screaming at him to put Phil through to seal it.

2 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

If we hadn’t won in extra time, he’d have been in danger of being our Stuart Armstrong 😂

Because he got stick off the cemmentator for doing it in the semi ?

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Enjoying Stuart McCall on Sportsound right now, although I don't think he knows a single footballer in Scotland outside of our 2011-12 squad. Either that or he just absolutely adores Nicky Devlin and Jamie Murphy.

I'm not sure he adores anyone as much as he adores Fraser Kerr tbf.

This tweet sums up our season. Meh. 

2 players not good enough who somehow always end up on the park. Lawless being here next season baffles me. Who sanctioned that contract for a player we already released for not being good enough. 

Screenshot_20210516-133651__01.jpg