Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

It's hard to work out if he would be in our market or not. Even though hed didn't have the same impact as he did with us, his goal record in the Championship wasn't that shabby. He seemed to average a goal every two starts. I can't imagine he'll stay in the Championship, although I do think his reputation might see him get a league one side which he'd favour than coming back to Scotland. 

image.thumb.png.475a51d5321d151d4d3049a2a6da9748.png

If he came to us, there's no doubt he would have to be our top earner and a lot of our eggs would be in that basket. I know they are worlds apart in terms of attitude, but the sensible head on me thinks it could end up a bit Ross McCormack-esque. Thankfully then we had Turnbull's emergence and Hastie's purple patch to mask what a bad move that was. You would just fear an early injury would leave us with someone like Christy Manzinga or Jordan White as our starting striker.

On the flip side (assuming they're back to normal next season), it would be good that if it did happen, he could use the league cup games to build some proper match fitness ahead of the league season.

I'd love Moult to come back as well but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

Looking at it from a simplistic point of view, I'd assume he's settled in the Preston area. Even if he's dropping down to League 1 you've got Blackpool, Wigan and Bolton in that area alone who would possibly be willing to take a punt on him and would almost certainly beat us when it comes to wages.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'd love Moult to come back as well but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

Looking at it from a simplistic point of view, I'd assume he's settled in the Preston area. Even if he's dropping down to League 1 you've got Blackpool, Wigan and Bolton in that area alone who would possibly be willing to take a punt on him and would almost certainly beat us when it comes to wages.

Aye but do they have a conveniently placed Tim Horton's?

"I think it'll be a busy summer. It'll be busy because we have to try and improve the team and the squad. There will be players leaving through their own choice as we know and there will be other players that will go on to pastures new and try and find regular football. I think we've got just over a team worth of players under contract for the next season so we obviously have to add to that because it's important to start the season well and we need strength in depth"....

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

18 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

It certainly wasn’t a season for amazing goals. 

Long’s against Dundee Utd is definitely the best for me, despite the fact he’d have a torn face picking up the award.

Aye, Long's is a lovely move and it's the one I was initially drawn to but Campbell's has a quick throw, Watt's assist and it's in off the bar.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, ropy said:

With Moult’s contract running down is that us losing out on a sell on fee?  He owes us.

Forgot about that to be honest

As for goal of the season. We'll score a belter the mora

5 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I can’t believe O’Hara’s against St. Johnstone made the cut. I would say it was an indicator of the quality of our goals this season, but surely his goal against Accies was better than that?

See, the version of that goal that makes the cut is if Polworth scores with his shot.

I think I might vote for Mugabi’s goal. Long’s was the best strike and O’Hara’s was a quality team move but that goal at County turned our season around. And he broke a world record leap or something like that scoring it.