Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Personally went with Devante Cole as his goals have made the difference in a lot of games this season. Tony Watt and Liam Kelly both honourable mentions too.

Seen a few folk elsewhere saying Campbell or Gallagher - behave...

Edited by ZX1886

22 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

The Well Society (fan ownership group..... or the fans) 

So is there a board who makes decisions? Who decides what managers and players are brought in and how much they are paid? Is there what I would call a GM who is hired and does all that? Should I limit my questions to 3 in one post?

Guest superward
10 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

‘our’ chief scout is stretching it a bit... Recruitment will be different.

Yeah perhaps. Regardless, I demand Double Devante. Make it happen MFC.

1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

So is there a board who makes decisions? Who decides what managers and players are brought in and how much they are paid? Is there what I would call a GM who is hired and does all that? Should I limit my questions to 3 in one post?

All that is in place but the transition to the club being run from the pages of P&B is inevitable.  Each year we will be up for election against the guys from Steelmen Online and the rollercoaster will continue.

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

All that is in place but the transition to the club being run from the pages of P&B is inevitable.  Each year we will be up for election against the guys from Steelmen Online and the rollercoaster will continue.

Top manifesto commitments:

1. All throw-in's will be taken within 5 seconds of the player picking up the ball and will be directed to a Motherwell player

2. Half-hearted chants of "Cheat, Cheat, Cheat" to be outlawed in the East Stand

3.  Twitter match updates and other 'Da-friendly social media features to be re-instated for the start of the season

4. Pakora shack in all stands

11 minutes ago, Swello said:

Top manifesto commitments:

1. All throw-in's will be taken within 5 seconds of the player picking up the ball and will be directed to a Motherwell player

2. Half-hearted chants of "Cheat, Cheat, Cheat" to be outlawed in the East Stand

3.  Twitter match updates and other 'Da-friendly social media features to be re-instated for the start of the season

4. Pakora shack in all stands

The Indian snack business to be expanded to a franchise model, with ‘B’ shacks operating in lower leagues.

Edited by ropy

11 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Agree with this. Scary how Polworth has followed the exact same trajectory as Vigurs.

First season played well, a bit slow and lazy but his creativity made it a decent trade off. Second season do absolutely nothing and toys out the pram by the end of the it all.

I think the next time we sign a creative midfielder from the highlands, not renowned for his work-rate or pace, we should definitely remember to cash our chips in after their first season.

I reckon a good bit of Polworth's attitude issues this season stem from Turnbull being played ahead of him in August. Looking where both of them are now you'd think he couldn't have an argument, but he strikes me as the type that still would.

This might be of some interest if you have a spare 30 mins. It’s a BBC Scotland documentary on our fan ownership model and will give you some background stories on how and why it came into existence and plenty of further info...if you can understand the accents!

13 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

There’s quite a few contenders for worst player of the season.

Chapman
Lamie
Bevis
Polworth
Hastie
White
Long
Grimmy
And probably others.

I think Lamie, Bevis and Long have at least had some good games and improved. Grimmy and White haven’t started enough.

So it’s between Chapman, Polworth and Hastie.

But it’s got to be Chapman for that Accies performance alone.

Without looking into the figures, I would say Jordan White Started and featured in much more games than Hastie has.

7 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Without looking into the figures, I would say Jordan White Started and featured in much more games than Hastie has.

Looks like there's only 15 minutes in it.

White played 530 minutes for us across 20 games (2 starts)

Hastie has played 515 minutes across 15 games (5 starts)

Seems like we always looked for an impact from White but if we didn't Hastie to start, he wasn't required much at all.

Genuinely interested to see where Campbell ends up. It's no secret that he's dependable rather than spectacular and I've always had my reservations as to whether he has the technical ability to make the step up.

Time will tell I suppose but best of luck to him. Of all the recent academy players he's probably the one we've got the most out of.

He’s a very reliable player and the type of midfielder you want in a team. He won’t struggle to find higher wages and all the best to him that’s what it’s all about for a player tbh.

Fingers crossed we can get another dependable centre mid in the team because we’re gonna lose a bit of determination in there. 

I've got a funny feeling that Campbell will do well in a "better" team - when he's not expected to carry the whole midfield on a regular basis. I certainly think he'll be comfortable in the Championship down south.