Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Our player of the season vote is now live on the official.

Only Decanter, Kelly and Watt are in the running really. Kelly’s saves and DC’s goals have pretty much kept us up. I went for Decanter because his goals are more fun than saves.

Guest superward

Don't want to alarm anyone. But our chief scout lad was at the port vale game at the weekend. No idea who he is watching...but there was a 'Devante' playing. Imagine. Double Decanter 

Edited by superward

Yep - Watt for me - was playing well during the lowest points of the season when the whole thing was a shambles. His assists for Campbell against Killie and Roberts at Easter Rd were 

giphy.gif

51 minutes ago, superward said:

Don't want to alarm anyone. But our chief scout lad was at the port vale game at the weekend. No idea who he is watching...but there was a 'Devante' playing. Imagine. Double Decanter 

Saw that mentioned on Steelmen.

Given Foyle is from Stoke, played for Port Vale (353 games) and also managed them (184 games) is there not a fair chance he was just there watching Port Vale rather than anyone specific?

Double Decanter sounds fun though.

Edited by capt_oats

Watt for me. He's the only one that's been consistent all season. Devante didn't really get going until Alexander turned up. Liam Kelly has been excellent but only been here since January.

A "worst player of the season" would make a much more interesting poll...

4 hours ago, ropy said:

Weaning myself off the two cans by half time then a triple rum with can of coke and ice for the second half is going to be an issue as I gear up for a season back at Fir Park.

^ ^ ^
In the new century by half time 2nd game of the season imo.

34 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Watt for me. He's the only one that's been consistent all season. Devante didn't really get going until Alexander turned up. Liam Kelly has been excellent but only been here since January.

Those are the 3 I would consider. I think SODs deserves an honourable mention as his form has picked up of late. 

I went for Watt for the same reasons as above. Had Kelly been here from beginning of the season and played as well as he has then it would be a tough call. 

There’s quite a few contenders for worst player of the season.

Chapman
Lamie
Bevis
Polworth
Hastie
White
Long
Grimmy
And probably others.

I think Lamie, Bevis and Long have at least had some good games and improved. Grimmy and White haven’t started enough.

So it’s between Chapman, Polworth and Hastie.

But it’s got to be Chapman for that Accies performance alone.

There’s quite a few contenders for worst player of the season.

Chapman
Lamie
Bevis
Polworth
Hastie
White
Long
Grimmy
And probably others.

I think Lamie, Bevis and Long have at least had some good games and improved. Grimmy and White haven’t started enough.

So it’s between Chapman, Polworth and Hastie.

But it’s got to be Chapman for that Accies performance alone.
Polworth for me.

Chapman was only ever a stop-gap (albeit a rotten one). Hastie at least gives the impression he's trying but he simply isn't very good. Polworth's abject performances mixed with a stinking attitude hopefully has him right at the top of our "GTF list" when it comes out.

I'd go for Polworth ahead of Chapman and Hastie tbh. And I say that as a fan of his.

There's no doubt that the Accies performance was an all time worst but Chapman only played 7 games total and two of those were as a sub (and he kept 2 clean sheets). Hastie's only made 5 starts.

Polworth, played 25 (22 starts) with 0 league goals and 4 league assists (compared with 11 league assists last season and 15 in all comps) and sold the jerseys at least twice. Our form without him in the side says a lot. He's gone from someone who last season looked like he was making our team tick to someone completely phoning it in.

There may have been reasons for that, maybe he's had a shite time with lockdown, maybe his missus has been giving him grief but I'd say for someone who went into this season as a key first team player he's underperformed more than any.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Given Foyle is from Stoke, played for Port Vale (353 games) and also managed them (184 games) is there not a fair chance he was just there watching Port Vale rather than anyone specific?

Absolute dickhead klaxon here, but my shitty wee system has Port Vale having an Allan Campbell clone of sorts.

maybe.thumb.png.3279616a80c93b22f483dc6003ad9624.png

92.93% style match, which is closer than Campbell from this season to last, honestly can't be arsed coding it to work it out for certain, but it would be an even closer match if I took out this season from Campbells database. Performance wise fairly similar. Would be a downgrade but most options on Campbell probably will be.

Scott Burgess is his name, 23yo and free this Summer. Feels like a Motherwell signing tbh.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolute dickhead klaxon here, but my shitty wee system has Port Vale having an Allan Campbell clone of sorts.

92.93% style match, which is closer than Campbell from this season to last, honestly can't be arsed coding it to work it out for certain, but it would be an even closer match if I took out this season from Campbells database. Performance wise fairly similar. Would be a downgrade but most options on Campbell probably will be.

Scott Burgess is his name, 23yo and free this Summer. Feels like a Motherwell signing tbh.

According to Port Vale's "Retained List" they published today he's still under contract with them.

As is Theo Robinson.

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I'd go for Polworth ahead of Chapman and Hastie tbh. And I say that as a fan of his.

There's no doubt that the Accies performance was an all time worst but Chapman only played 7 games total and two of those were as a sub (and he kept 2 clean sheets). Hastie's only made 5 starts.

Polworth, played 25 (22 starts) with 0 league goals and 4 league assists (compared with 11 league assists last season and 15 in all comps) and sold the jerseys at least twice. Our form without him in the side says a lot. He's gone from someone who last season looked like he was making our team tick to someone completely phoning it in.

There may have been reasons for that, maybe he's had a shite time with lockdown, maybe his missus has been giving him grief but I'd say for someone who went into this season as a key first team player he's underperformed more than any.

Agree with this. Scary how Polworth has followed the exact same trajectory as Vigurs.

First season played well, a bit slow and lazy but his creativity made it a decent trade off. Second season do absolutely nothing and toys out the pram by the end of the it all.

Just now, capt_oats said:

According to Port Vale's "Retained List" they published today he's still under contract with them.

As is Theo Robinson.

Ach typical, at least I never wasted any time on that.

200.gif.41cd503eaa72d5b294084eb995c27891.gif

2 hours ago, superward said:

‘our’ chief scout is stretching it a bit... Recruitment will be different.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Paying a house visit to Moult?