Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, ropy said:

The official site confirming that Dec will leave after his contract ends at the end of June.  Scotland will/may be finished with the Euros by then, Dosh to us then!

So that was the compromise then and suggests that the extension clause did exist...

His profile on the OS was originally May 21.

267083213_ScreenShot2021-04-16at08_27_30.thumb.png.d2c4a13563f4e75547cf0b8ee5799766.png

And it's been updated on the OS

340380251_ScreenShot2021-05-07at13_15_52.thumb.png.aa16e5a7048357249dcc5a3a7a7fa5c3.png

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Yep, club ensured they get Euro money and let him f**k off. Maybe the club were sick of his greeting too. 

I like that they've kept the copy on the announcement brief. Not quite Blyth-y but still...it's succinct enough to be a "f**k off".

921609795_ScreenShot2021-05-07at13_30_45.thumb.png.36563371c4969ce50e8b1a46511f77e9.png

Edited by capt_oats

18 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

So that was the compromise then and suggests that the extension clause did exist...

His profile on the OS was originally May 21.

267083213_ScreenShot2021-04-16at08_27_30.thumb.png.d2c4a13563f4e75547cf0b8ee5799766.png

And it's been updated on the OS

340380251_ScreenShot2021-05-07at13_15_52.thumb.png.aa16e5a7048357249dcc5a3a7a7fa5c3.png

I had a random look at some of the other players, they all have contracts to May in whichever year they are contracted to.  But I did note that Eddie Nolan’s strip sponsorship is still available.

On a side note. I will need a new avatar with wee Al moving on. 

Think I will go "historic" with it. So I can keep it for a good few years. 

Also give wee Al the armband for the last two games. 

1 minute ago, ropy said:

they all have contracts to May in whichever year they are contracted to

Always is the way to save a months wages basically. I am sure we have had to extend a few before (playoffs went into June etc) 

Just now, Busta Nut said:

On a side note. I will need a new avatar with wee Al moving on. 

Think I will go "historic" with it. So I can keep it for a good few years. 

Also give wee Al the armband for the last two games. 

Dec to be ceremonially stripped of the arm band before the United game. 

5 hours ago, ropy said:

The official site confirming that Dec will leave after his contract ends at the end of June.  Scotland will/may be finished with the Euros by then, Dosh to us then!

So in summary (probably)

SOD signs on and gets to keep some or all of the UEFA Euro 2020 participation fee.

DEC leaves and we get to keep some or all of the UEFA Euro 2020 participation fee. 

Hence why I have a hunch he will play last 2 games. The fall out we’re he not to play and then not get selected for the Scotland squad. 

It would cost the club between £120k and £250k were we to slip to 9th...

Edit - wrote this 5 hours ago and it did not post 🤷‍♂️

Edited by welldaft

On the Moult stuff, going purely on his IG he seems to have a very nice house and seems settled where he is so it'd be a surprise if he was planning coming back up here given there are probably a bunch of League 1 clubs in the area who'd take a chance on him. Was his wife wanting to move back down the road not a big part of him moving last time? I seem to recall his agent at the time saying he had no interest in moving to another Scottish side - tbh I don't see that situation having changed too much.

If it's a hypothetical then if it's a choice between a fit Devante Cole (who AFAIK has pretty much remained injury free with us) and a version of Moult that's missed 2 seasons of football and is coming back from 2 serious injuries then you probably go with Cole. If it was a replacement for Long or something and we get to keep Watt and Cole as well, then absolutely batter in.

That's not to say it wouldn't be nice to have him back as a general point of principle though.

Incidentally, entirely unrelated to Moult but all the Gallagher chat had me looking up Tam Aldred clips. This run of games was pretty much at the nadir of the Thunderdome at a point where even Robinson admitted we were unwatchable but even still I'd have Tam in my defence every day of the week. Some fucking boi.

Edited by capt_oats

On 06/05/2021 at 16:08, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Bit weird and desperate to obsessively pursue players with a connection to another specific Scottish club that's just down the foodchain, IMO. I certainly hope it's never something we get involved in.

I think this is quality sarcasm but I'm not getting the reference?

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

Ah... did not realize that was a thing.  For about a five-year run, my MLB team used to always sign guys who had been with Atlanta.

It’s a recent phenomenon.... could also be termed the ‘friends of Declan’ policy, after our soon leave club captain......Who we signed from Livi. 

2 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

It’s a recent phenomenon.... could also be termed the ‘friends of Declan’ policy, after our soon leave club captain......Who we signed from Livi. 

Would not be averse to a 'friends of Declan' exodus along with our inglorious captain in a couple of weeks time to put an end to the whole sorry episode.