Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I know they’re a bigger club and will be paying more money than us, but has the saga that’s been going on for the past few months really been worth it for the same contract that Derek Adams and Steven Craig got when they left us? 

Motherwell to Aberdeen seems a similar path for players as St Johnstone to Hibernian.

Players who are moving sideways, purely for the money, tend to lose something on the journey. Wouldn't be surprised if Gallagher is similar.

19 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I know they’re a bigger club and will be paying more money than us, but has the saga that’s been going on for the past few months really been worth it for the same contract that Derek Adams and Steven Craig got when they left us? 

Clearly I don't know how it played but if he felt that with Julien out injured and Lennon being a lunatic he had to shoot his shot for a potential move to Celtic in January then I kind of get that tbh.

I'll be honest and say I'm a bit surprised he didn't just keep Aberdeen in his back pocket until after the Euros on the off chance a bigger club decided to take a chance on him. I mean, a team like Aberdeen would have taken him anyway so it's a surprise that he's decided to commit to them as early. Unless, of course, they're making it worth his while to do so and he's fine with the trade off of not having to relocate etc.

Edited by capt_oats

11 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Bit weird and desperate to obsessively pursue players with a connection to another specific Scottish club that's just down the foodchain, IMO. I certainly hope it's never something we get involved in.

Liv and let liv 

11 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Clearly I don't know how it played but if he felt that with Julien out injured and Lennon being a lunatic he had to shoot his shot for a potential move to Celtic in January then I kind of get that tbh.

I'll be honest and say I'm a bit surprised he didn't just keep Aberdeen in his back pocket until after the Euros on the off chance a bigger club decided to take a chance on him. I mean, a team like Aberdeen would have taken him anyway so it's a surprise that he's decided to commit to them as early. Unless, of course, they're making it worth his while to do so and he's fine with the trade off of not having to relocate etc.

To be fair, I think the realist in him would perhaps have seen that three games of Grant Hanley playing in front of him, then going up the road wouldn't have done too much to his value.

11 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I'm not sure there was ever any actual interest from Celtic but with the complete bin fire they've had roaring away all season I don't blame him for swinging for the fences. Similarly when there were rumours they were interested in SOD. 

Overall I don't give a f**k really. I'm sure we can dig up some brute of a centre back from down south who wants to come up and spend a year kicking f**k out of folk. 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Motherwell to Aberdeen seems a similar path for players as St Johnstone to Hibernian.

Players who are moving sideways, purely for the money, tend to lose something on the journey. Wouldn't be surprised if Gallagher is similar.

Motherwell to Saintees would be downward.

People say that PCAs are not worth the paper they are written on.  It would be on trend for Dec to use an impressive substitute appearance at the Euros to whore himself out to EFL teams before committing to the contract.

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Motherwell to Saintees would be downward.

No one asked you.....

Bai Goodbye GIF

Just kidding Dons_1988 - you are welcome on here any time..

Edited by welldaft

I note someone on Steelmen saying Moult has been released by PNE.  I can only see mention of players being advised after the last game so not sure if true. 

With Wrexham owned by Ryan Reynolds and Co is that a more likely destination.

Would you take him back even on a pay as you play deal. 

season 1 king GIF by The White Princess

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

I note someone on Steelmen saying Moult has been released by PNE.  I can only see mention of players being advised after the last game so not sure if true. 

Would have been a nailed on signing for us if McInnes was still here.

41 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I would just take him back on an actual deal. Even if that deal was barely affordable and involved us renaming Fir Park as the Dougie Imre Stadium.

200.gif&key=dc1757607eaaf57b0369b28c98ecfa7994a49199f431446819058f362d990207

I'd take him back on a pay-as-you-play deal but wouldn't be relying on him as our main striker (at least not initially) given his knee seems to be held together with sellotape these days.

Yeah, I absolutely love Moult but it's one to be careful around. I'm guessing that lockdown probably affected his rehab the same way it did for Jake Carroll, but it looks like he done his knee after two games last season so he's basically missed two full seasons.

For example, if there was a trade-off between a new contract for an in-form Cole or re-signing Moult, you would have to remove the sentiment from it.

If we were to get him back as well as someone like Cole, I'd be all for it, but I'm not sure how far the pursestrings would stretch to that.

You do have to feel for him. Last season it appears he scored on his first start and then the injury happened in the first half of the next game.