Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

So did Mo Ross really take part in a show about racism tonight?

He was interviewed by Brian McLaughlin on Sportsound. I just saw the minute long clip on the BBC website but it had quotes that weren't in the video, so it must have been a longer interview.

Football seems to be a profession that allows people like Mo Ross to labour under the obvious misapprehension that they are highly intelligent due to hanging about with other football people all the time - a condition known as Nevin's Syndrome (cf. Crooks' Syndrome in England). In the real world, he appears to be a thick racist and a bit of an arsehole.

42 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He has probably set fire to any coaching and media career now. He probably thinks his foreign kids will be fine as they get everything handed to them apparently.

Malky Mackay managed to insult every section of society possible and the SFA promoted him to the very top so I'm not ruling out Mo Ross failing upwards here.

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Malky Mackay managed to insult every section of society possible and the SFA promoted him to the very top so I'm not ruling out Mo Ross failing upwards here.

Someone was watching Line Of Duty on Sunday night.

Mother Of God 🤦‍♂️😂

Dec to Aberdeen official now on two year deal. 

I know most have said play him last 2 games and my sensible head agrees. My less sensible head says fire him into the sun....

He will be glad there are no fans at Fir Park to give him a warm send off. 

Edited by welldaft

It's been on the cards for ages. Last summer it would have been a sickener but now I'm really not arsed. Between him being an abysmal captain, his average (at best) performances this season and his "gun to the head" pish.

No disrespect to Aberdeen but after his performances for Scotland I doubt he expected this would be his "big move". A decent hike in wages, for sure, but I highly doubt a move to Aberdeen at the age of 30 will set him up for life.

Aye, been obvious that's where he was headed for a while, and like most I'm totally indifferent to his departure. Just shows how average he's been this season that the vast majority of the support aren't arsed about the club captain joining a rival. Well, that coupled with him/his agent whoring him since January and his spats with his own fans on the socials. One excellent season followed by one of utter mediocrity. 

Decent footballer, utter melt. Catch ye later Dec. 

Half think 19-20 will probably end up being the peak of Gallagher's career, at least in a club sense. Just a hunch but he's the wrong side of 30 and after making a stratospheric rise every season since he left the jail has hit a bit of a brick wall this year, to put it mildly. How easy will it be to arrest that slide, even if he is presumably more motivated at Pittodrie?

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

I would have preferred it not to have been announced for a fortnight.
Is there an option for a third year depending on appearances?
A third year will depend on how big a gun Aberdeen have.

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Half think 19-20 will probably end up being the peak of Gallagher's career, at least in a club sense. Just a hunch but he's the wrong side of 30 and after making a stratospheric rise every season since he left the jail has hit a bit of a brick wall this year, to put it mildly. How easy will it be to arrest that slide, even if he is presumably more motivated at Pittodrie?

He was almost flawless in 19-20.

Some of the mistakes he made this season have been like watching a different player. Right from the first game of the season he was giving away cheap goals, had a disaster in Europe too.

I think he will do well at Aberdeen. I think he got decent money judging from signing a pre-contract and not waiting for the Euros. Perhpas that says he knows he won't be near the team in the Euros.

5 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Guess it's time to blow the cobwebs off this classic:

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Sort of. Because we knew he was going for a while now. Would rather have seen him go down south than Aberdeen.

19 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He was almost flawless in 19-20.

Some of the mistakes he made this season have been like watching a different player. Right from the first game of the season he was giving away cheap goals, had a disaster in Europe too.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Kipre and Aldred were probably better signings overall imo- for transfer fee recouped and consistency across two seasons respectively- but Gallagher's 19-20 is the best individual season we've had from a centre back in at least a decade. 

A regression to the mean this year was likely inevitable but he's gone from being rock solid to a genuine hindrance at times, will be interesting to see if he does manage to raise his game again.